Ok - so last week I was feeling quite whiny on Wednesday. Today has been better but my mind has just been wandering all over today. (side note: the bratty kid from last week's story hour sat behind us today. Ugh! He was better today, slightly. I was chatting w/a mom @ the dance studio and she said the story hour at Barnes and Noble is better ... might have to give that one a try)
So anyway, here is how my mind has wandered today:
I need a new coffee maker. I have a Cuisinart Grind and Brew but the grinder quit working a long time ago. No big deal, I just use it like a regular coffee maker but it does seem silly to have a grinder when it doesn't work. And the newer models are a little more streamlined and look like they take up less space. So what kind of coffee maker do I get when I get a new one? Do I get another Grind and Brew? I loved it when it worked but now I am sort of used to not having it. I definitely want one that I can program. I love coming downstairs to hot coffee ready and waiting. I am the only one who drinks coffee. Should I get one of those single cup ones? But what if we ever have company over and I need a true "pot" of coffee?
And speaking of having people over - why won't anyone be my friend? I am so used to being an entertainer. Not every party we had was jam packed but there were a few each year that drew a pretty good crowd. Here - no one wants to come to anything I host!! EVER!!!! I am trying not to take it personally but ya know - we've been here over 2 years now. Surely I should have some friends by now that actually like to come over to my house. And it goes both ways - we never get invited anywhere either. What is up with that?
In the hope that people actually do come over for my birthday, I am trying to spruce up the house a bit. I am looking for a simple end table to go next to the sofa in the family room. Nothing too fancy, the furniture in there is very casual - that is to say very family friendly - oh all right, it is pretty beat up from kids and cats. But still, I do plan on ordering slip covers for the sofa and the chair and eventually I hope, hope to put this furniture in the basement. Sooo I need a simple end table. Not too expensive but not so cheap it falls apart the day I bring it home. Where do I find one? Do you think I can get one from somewhere by Sunday?
All comments and suggestions are welcome. Leave 'em here or email me or call me ....
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have this one and I love it!!
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/601-8365339-9514511?ASIN=B000JCIIVC&AFID=Froogle&LNM=B000JCIIVC|Hamilton_Beach_BrewStation_Select_Drip_Coffeemaker_-_47334&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=B000JCIIVC&ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001
Plus when I wake up its all hot and warm waiting for me....
I want to come over and have you entertain me, I wish you were closer!
Post a Comment