Monday, October 20, 2008

Whirlwind of a Weekend

We made it through the weekend! Whew! It was a busy one!!!!

Saturday morning I overslept but still managed to get the cupcakes baked, get the house cleaned and get the food set out for Amy's party which began at 10am. Can I just say I have an awesome hubby! He helped me so much!!! He vaccumed and vaccumed and helped me with so much of the party prep. I love that man! Amy 's party went really well and it seemed like all the kids had a blast. Here's a picture of Amy and her cupcake:

As soon as the party was over I whisked Audrey off to her football game while Amy and Allison stayed home with David. Audrey's team won! And she got to be quarterback on about 4 plays this game. She loves playing quarterback so she was happy.



After the game Audrey got to rest for a bit and then she left for Nutcracker rehearsal with Cecilia. I picked the girls up at 5 and Cecilia came in and played for a while at our house. She had missed Amy's party that morning so we saved a cupcake for her and a set of fairy wings too.

Then we dropped Cecilia back at her house and went out to eat at a new Mexican restaurant. It was actually pretty good! I was surprised and very happy.

After dinner we went to look at grills that were on sale. And this is where I will say that while I do dearly love that husband of mine, I will never understand him. Before our grill was even smashed in the storm I had been lobbying for a new one. David wanted to keep patching up and repairing the dinky one we had, I wanted a newer and bigger one. Then when the old one was smashed in the storm he told the insurance company it was only worth $150 but they gave us a check for $292 anyway! I was excited but David still thought we didn't need to spend that much on a grill. So I tell him about the grill a friend got at Sears for $179. We go to Sears and spend over $200 on this:


and ALSO walk out with a new front load washer and dryer set complete with the pedastals!!!!!


They aren't installed yet because they take a different type of detergent and I just opened a jug of the regular stuff. So once that is used up, we'll get these babies in place.

Sunday the girls and I went to church and David stayed home to assemble the grill. After lunch, while Allison was napping Audrey and I completed her first big project of the school year. She had to complete a book report and then decorate a pumpkin to look like the main character. Audrey's book had a brother and sister team as main characters and being Audrey, we had to make two pumpkins. Once that was done I headed off to the grocery store. By the time I came home it was too late to make it to the church Harvest Party. We really wanted to go, we had such a fun time there last year. But it was already 5:45, the party started at 6 and was a good 20 minutes away and no one had eaten dinner and Allison woke up from her nap in a bear of a mood. So we stayed home and grilled steaks on the new grill instead.

No comments: