UGH! It's currently 5:24 and I have no idea what to make for dinner. I have to say preparing dinner is my least favorite part of being a grown up. Seriously - if it were up to me we'd pretty much have popcorn and salad almost every night with a few random pizzas here and there or the occasional mac-n-cheese. But alas, while that menu might please me and the kids immensely, it certainly won't do for my carnivore of a husband (did I mention the pizza would be cheese?). Plus I'm not so sure it would withstand scrutiny by anyone involved in the nutritional well being of my children. Oh how I wish the day went like this:
Breakfast: cereal or bagel and a big pot of coffee for me, milk for the kidlets
Lunch: PB and J or Grilled Cheese, chips or pretzels for all
Dinner: popcorn appetizer followed by salad - maybe some yogurt for dessert
EEEK! More Stress! David just called, he is on his way home, GREAT! What in the world am I going to make tonight?!?!?! Oh how I wish there were a Taco Cabana or El Jardin Corona nearby!!!! stupid Ohio) I could so totally go for some fajitas! (stupid Ohio!) And if I threw in some sort of fruit somewhere - we'd hit all the major food groups - WAIT - don't they count tomatoes as a fruit? Didn't I read/hear that somewhere? Well if that's the case, then the fajita dinner would encompass everything I am looking for - representation of the major food groups and no cooking on my part!
(and yes, if you must know, I do happen to have pretty much every ingredient needed to MAKE said fajitas but what I REALLY want is to go pick them up from somewhere!!!! Darn it!!!!!!! stupid Ohio!!!!)
Well, tune in tomorrow, if you dare, to see what we ended up eating ............
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment