So I did it, I went and cancelled my gym membership today. I have been on the fence about this for a while and finally decided it was time. It was only about $21 a month plus $1 per visit in childcare and I did use my membership in the beginning and I did really enjoy being able to work out without worrying about the kids. However ......Last year I didn't go much in November or December because it seemed like one of the kids had a cold or I had Christmas shopping to try and get done or there was an event at somebody's school.
Then the whole family caught that horrid stomach bug last year and we didn't go at all during February or March or even part of April
When summer came the kids were either at swim lessons or begging to go to the neighborhood pool so we pretty much did not go for all of June or July.
It would be different if Amy were in a full day kindergarten or if Allison did not still need her afternoon nap. It would be different if I wasn't tutoring or taking kids to extra curricular activities in the evenings. It would be different if the kids area were bigger or if had more to offer. It would be different if the gym offered classes that I could sign up for. It would be different if I had a friend or two that would meet me there for workouts. But this gym was pretty basic. The kids area was a room with no windows, a TV and limited toys, mostly for the younger kids. There were no classes, only weights and cardio machines. I finally got one friend to join but she almost never comes.
So now let's hope I can continue to walk in the mornings until it really is too cold and too dark. And then let's hope I can find a used elliptical machine that I like and that David is willing to purchase for me. My plan is to get that and then maybe some resistance bands and a new set of handweights. I can use the weights and bands in our bedroom and the elliptical machine I plan on stashing in the guest room in the basement. I need to stick with it - I have got to get back to a healthy weight and I am also really hoping that by exercising, I can ward off some of that winter depression that hits me so hard every year. Wish me luck my friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment