Thursday, October 23, 2008

Free???? but fun Storytime

So I found these coupons for a free coffee at Barnes and Noble. I also heard that their storytime is better than the storytime at our public library. So today we decided to check it out. The cappuccino was a full size small and it really was totally free. The storytime was good - no songs and action rhymes like at the library but the reader was more animated and the stories were good. However, I of course cannot walk in to a Barnes and Noble and not walk out with a new book or two. I also had a coupon for %15 off one item sooooooo Amy got a Disney Fairy book and Allison got a Blues Clue's Seek and Find book. The girls also each got an organic chocolate milk and a big sugar cookie to share. So my "free" story time cost me almost $20 ....... oh well .......

Afterwards I drove through Steak-n-Shake to get Amy a lunch and then we went to the "new" downtown West Chester for a picnic since the temperature outside had actually warmed up from the low 30's to the low 60's. The girls had a good time. Next time we go, I'll bring along a camera. After eating and playing we dropped Amy off at Kindergarten and now we're home. West Chester has been slowly building a place called "the Square at Union Center" and it is really going to be nice. There are 3 fountains, plenty of tables, chairs, and benches, and a pond with a bridge going over it and a big clock tower thing. The new library is being built on the other side of the pond. It is supposed to open in June. I can't wait. They have been building nice looking retail spaces around the square too (sort of a Central Market or Arboretum vibe) and hopefully some good businesses will go in. (what do you think the chances are that there will be an Amy's? or a Jason's Deli?) NOW, if only I had a good mommy friend or two that would meet me up there with her kids ........ seems to be the story of my life doesn't it??????

No comments: