Ho hum ............. ho hum ..........
That pretty much sums up life here as of late.
Weekend was mostly good -
On Saturday, Audrey's flag football team lost their first game BUT Audrey nabbed her first flag. (you go girl!) And our sorrow was soon turned to joy as we came home in time to see the Longhorns soundly beat the Sooners. Go Horns!!!!! And can I just tell you it STILL aggravates me to no end that the Sooners don't have any kind of school spirit hand gesture other than to make an upside down Hook 'Em sign. Seriously - what do they do when the play other teams? OH - I have decided that for my 40th birthday - we are comin' to the Big D and going to the State Fair. I have been wanting to take my kids to it for so long and I figure in two years Allison will be old enough to handle it. So save the date my friends - October 2010 we're coming to Dallas for either my birthday weekend or TX - OU weekend.
Sunday started off good - went to church, came home and grabbed some snacks for the kids and then hit the road for the outlet mall. Got some great deals there. We hit Gymboree and hooked Audrey up with 3 pair of leggings, 2 dresses and a t-shirt plus a dress for Allison and the total was only $78! We also finally found shoes for the older two. We have shopped everywhere for them, Audrey needed new tennis shoes and both of them needed winter church shoes. I went all over own, no luck. We walk in to the Stride Rite Outlet and the first pair Audrey tries on fit perfectly! YEA! Everyone got what they needed. Then David found some pants at Ralph Lauren that he wanted me to see. While he was trying those on I found the Glenn Plaid Double Old Fashioned Glasses that I have been searching high and low for AND the set of 4 was only $40!!!! Woo - Hoo!!!! Now I just need to find enough friends to invite over so we can use them (I had 4 but always wanted 8, back when we had parties where more than 4 people showed up .....
Monday I totally overdid it. I got up and walked, came home and did weights. The I decided I wasn't waiting any longer for David to clean up the mess from the storm. (yeah, the storm that was A MONTH AGO!) So I cut and sawed branches and hauled those to the curb. Then I raked leaves. Then I bagged up the remaining pieces of our roof (4 contractor bags) and hauled those to the curb. And if that weren't enough, I scrubbed the shower, sinks and counter tops in the master bath.
Needless to say I was pretty worthless on Tuesday and did a whole lot of nothing.
Today Amy and I got out almost all of the remaining Halloween decorations. One of the kids coming to Amy's party on Saturday doesn't celebrate Halloween so no skeletons or bats hanging from the stair railings yet. No cob webs in the bushes and no ghost hanging from our tree. But all of my jack-o-lantern and black cat decorations are out, the scarecrow and jumbo jack-o-lantern are in the front yard and my glass pumpkin is filled with candy corn and those pumpkin creme candies. YUM!
Speaking of - I need to get up from here go plug in the jack-o-lantern ........
No comments:
Post a Comment