Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ready and Waiting


Pie Night has come and gone and now we're ready and waiting for Thanksgiving. Pie Night was fun. We had 6 adults and 4 children that had RSVP'd "yes" not show and all of our "maybe" RSVP's become "no's" but still, we had fun. It's just that now I have a TON of food and liquor left over, mostly liquor. And, can I pause here and say what a SAINT David is ..... Yes - he goes crazy and buys too much food and drink BUT - - - Sunday, the day after the party, he slept in and I admit, I was not totally feeling all that loving towards him as I wrangled 3 kids into church clothes and then took them to church by myself. I tried my best to get the kids to sleep in or at the very least stay home with dad and rest since they had all been up past bedtime the night before. I would have stayed home too but November is my month to work in the nursery. However, I don't know what they do in the Sunday School at this church but whatever it is, my kids love it. They will not miss a Sunday if at all possible. I swear they must hand out free candy or something..... Anyway, when we came back home - almost every single dish was washed! That awesome hubby of mine had been washing dishes for about an hour. And not only were they washed - most of them were put away. Awwwww !!!!! I sure do love him!!!

So today Amy and Allison and I went to Meijer to get everything for Turkey Day. I only went to Meijer because I had a coupon for $3 off a $20 purchase and I am trying to be good and scrimp and save where I can so as to balance out the Christmas spending as well as the spending for my trip to Nashville. But - Can I vent a little here - Of course I can, it's my blog!!! Anyway ....
Here I am trying to be a conscientious citizen and trying to remember to use my reusable grocery bags. I have used them twice at Meijer and both times, I have heard complaints about me using them. Ummm, I bought two of them at Meijer. If it is that much of a pain for their cashiers, why does their store even sell them?!?! And seriously - at Meijer they don't even put your bags in your cart for you. You have to get them off that stupid carousel and put them in your cart on your own. Ugh! Stupid Meijer - I hate shopping there. The Kroger cashiers never complain AND they give you money back for each reusable bag you use!

Anyway - so we are now set for Turkey Day. I have the fixin's for breakfast casserole, the good Enteman's donuts and tons of champagne and OJ and even sparkling grape juice for the kids. We have a 20 POUND TURKEY (yes, David bought it), we have wines of all kinds, we have rolls, sweet potatoes, and stuffing mix and fresh spinach for salad. I have stuff to make a pumpkin pie. I have hot chocoalte mix and cool whip and marshmallows. I might try to get some fresh green beans tomorrow but I have frozen and canned just in case. And of course, green and black olives for my olive tray, I am a Hoisington after all ..... (or are the olives a Tatge tradition? hmmmm ... I shall try to find out!)
So if anyone reading this lives remotely near us and is looking for a family to spend Thanksgiving with, you are hereby invited. With a 20 pound turkey and all that wine and champagne and food left from Pie Night - we have more than we could ever possibly eat. Breakfast will be served all morning with the Macy's parade on in the background. Thanksgiving Dinner will be served around 1:30. Then we'll munch on leftovers of all kinds for the rest of the day and watch the Cowboys and then Longhorns. And you know me - I will more than likely bake some sweet treat at some point!

No comments: