Go ahead, judge me if you must but ......
Poor David, he is so in to politics, it is what his degree is in afterall. He pretty much thought McCain wouldn't win but, can we really blame him for hoping? I was holding out hope too. And the news - with their non-stop repetition of how Obama winning Ohio was so key to him winning overall. OY! It is like salt in the wound my friends!
I am a little sad too. Not because of the economy or the war or any of that - - - but for what this means morally. I really feel that our country is shifting steadily away from being a country that honors God. And when we stop honoring Him, how can we think that He will bless us. It really, truly frightens me. I feel like maybe we are getting ready to go on a little field trip where we get to learn what happens when we turn away from God. It is not a field trip I want to take my friends. I think I see some wandering in the desert in our future.
BUT
When I went on my walk this morning, as I listened to the words of "This is My Father's World", I felt a little better:
"This is my Father's world. O let me ne'er forget that though the wrong seems oft so strong, God is the ruler yet. This is my Father's world: why should my heart be sad? The Lord is King; let the heavens ring! God reigns; let the earth be glad!"
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment