Friday, November 21, 2008

It's a headscratcher!

I give up ..... I will never understand David and his priorities ......

FIRST - he notices my adorable new red loafers and makes a subtle comment. (the loafers that were $100 and that I got for $43 - including shipping!) THEN LATER when I mention that I looked at the price of a laundry basket I had seen at the Container Store and decided NOT to buy it b/c it was $20 and I thought that was a bit much for a laundry basket he comes back with how we need to be careful and not spend too much money right now because we just got the bill for Amy's x-rays and cast. THIS from the man who just got home from his second happy hour with the boys in two nights. THIS from the man who ran out and bought some stupid $700 gun the day after the election for fear that Obama will ban it.

THEN - Pie night is coming up right? I haven't been tutoring this week so I have been cleaning the house like a mad woman. I am pretty proud of how things are coming along. Especially the playroom in the basement. Thursday night as we are pulling in the driveway after Audrey's school program, he looks at the lawn and says "Yeah, I need to get the lawn mowed and looking nice before the party - guess I'll add that to my list". Ok - it is barely making it above 35 degrees here the last few days, we have had snow already, it is supposed to get to 16 degrees tonight, the grass is not really growing at this point. AND the party starts at 6:30. Here in Ohio, it is already DARK - we're talking no sun, night fall DARK by 6:30. Who is going to see my lawn? Yeah - he couldn't mow the grass that was about 4 inches tall on Halloween when it was still daylight when the ENTIRE NEIGHBORHOOD came trick or treating but he's gonna mow dead grass for an evening party with maybe 8 families coming ..... I will never, never understand boys ......

AND TONITE - I throw my hands up and admit defeat. He is bound and determined to make the blueberry-habenero (sp?) pie that our friend Peter always brought on pie night. This meant a trip to the only store in town that would have habenero peppers. It is also the only place we can get the right size of limeade for our shiner-itas. So he calls before he goes to see if there is anything else he should get. I mention that he might want to get cereal as all we have at the moment is healthy stuff and my hubby lives for Frosted Flakes. I also say he could get some Macaroni Grill Chianti since we are out and that we are running low on milk. Now, to be fair, he did get the ingredients for his pie, he did replenish our supply of limeade, and he did pick up some milk. But this is what else he brought home:



4 boxes of cereal, 5 bottles of Chianti, 2 bottles of champagne, and one bottle of some Chilean wine "because it looked good". (ETA: I missed a bottle of Chianti when I took the photo last night, there are actually 6 bottles of Chianti!) In preparation for Pie Night, I have been steadily buying wine whenever I see ones I like at a good price, the wine rack is totally full. I have no where to put these new bottles. He spent $177 my friends!!!!! There are also two cases + a six pack of beer out in my garage. (it's too cold, I'm not going out there to photograph it, you'll have to take my word for it) JUST TWO DAYS AGO he was lecturing me about a $20 laundry basket!!!!!
I love him, I love him, but I totally do not understand him sometimes .........

No comments: