
Pie night returns!!! I am so excited and hoping it turns out well. We used to hold this party every year in Austin and it was always such a good time. We put out crackers and cheese and a pie or two. Then some of the guests bring pie as well. There are drinks of course; wine and beer, champagne, and decaf coffee (with Baileys on the side). Kids are invited too so I have fun fall stickers and coloring pages for them and part way through the party we usually end up putting in the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving movie. Knowing me, I'll probably set out cookies and make hot chocolate and apple cider for the kids too. In Austin I always had those mini-pecan pies for the kids but with pecans not being quite so abundant here, I'm not sure if I'll find them anywhere. We didn't host a pie night the first year we lived here, Allison was still so young and we didn't really know enough people. Then last year we tried to have a Pie Night but only got 3 people to RSVP yes and then ended up cancelling it an hour before the party started when Allison came down with a very nasty stomach bug. So this year it is set for Saturday, November 22. I sent out an eVite over the weekend and tonite I am hitting the Garden Ridge %50 off sale with a friend to look for fun party knick knacks and little home decor improvements. Woo - hoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment