The schools here are closed on Election day - I am guessing it is thought that this somehow makes it easier for parents and teachers to vote. How dragging my kids to a polling place is supposed to make it any easier, I haven't a CLUE but then, there are a few other things this district does that baffle me as well. Don't EVEN get me started on those......Anyway - this year they gave us Monday and Tuesday off. Monday we took Martha to the vet for a check up - she's actually lost a pound! And then I spent the rest of the day planning for our AHG meeting while the kids enjoyed playing in the "unseasonably warm" weather.
Yesterday Amy had her regular dance class and then we had ourselves a little party. We came home so Amy could change and then we headed back out to grab McDonald's and have a picnic at that new town square they are building:

Here's the new library they are building right next to the square:
And this is some of the retail space on the other side:
After that we headed to the movie theater for the matinee showing of HSM3! The girls were thrilled but I have to say - I think I liked HSM2 better. This one was still good and still catered to the crowd without crossing any lines. But I don't know - I think the songs were a little "tired" this time around. Oh well -the kids liked it.
After we came home we actually had friends over to play. The two youngest kids from next door were outside riding bikes so I got out the girls' bikes for them and then they ended up playing in our backyard on the swingset and in the sandbox. They had a good time and played out there for a few hours! It was so wonderful for the girls to have friends over. They have been craving that so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment