Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Gray Skies Turned Blue


So I didn't get much sleep last night, a touch of insomnia kept me up until after midnight and then I was awakened by an "amorous" husband at 5 AM. (he is sooo very lucky that while his attention was not initially welcomed, it was definitely appreciated when it was all said and done ..... 5am, that's quite a gamble wouldn't you say?) I did fall back asleep for a little while and woke for the day at 7:15. It was dark and cold and my day was not looking good. I was so rockin' the Grumpy coffee mug this morning. Thank GOD for programmable coffee makers! Audrey overslept and was moving slow and I wasn't nagging her to get ready because I was so tired myself and as a result, she almost missed her bus. At this point, I really thought there might be no hope for my day. The weather report said it would be partly sunny and said it would get to 42. I wasn't holding out any hope but since snow was back in the forecast for tomorrow and Friday I decided to trek out The Container Store today and swap out the ironing board holder. The one I bought to go over the door doesn't quite fit, so I got one that will mount on the door or on the wall and a cereal container to boot. (thanks for the 20% coupon Jessica!!!) Container Store shopping always cheers me up and since we JUST got one here, I had been having major withdrawl. Plus I got to ogle at the new Crate and Barrel which opens TOMORROW. Then, next to The Container Store is a new Kroger. I had seen ads for it, it is called Kroger Fresh Fare and the ads made it sound like a Central Market. We went to check it out and it is the closest thing to Central Market I have been in since we moved here!!!! There were even fresh tortillas and they had samples. Amy and I tried them and lo and behold, they taste like real tortillas my friends!!!! REAL TORTILLAS! They even had Whole Wheat ones! I told Amy I was sure I had died and gone to Heaven and asked her if she was an angel and started checking her back for wings. (Of course that was met with "M-O-M, Stop it!!!!", that child is 6 going on 13!) THEN as if The Container Store and the pseudo-Central Market weren't enough - when I came home I discovered my cute new red loafers from Eddie Bauer had arrived. Good shopping and cute new shoes all in one day?!?!? If only every dreary winter day could turn out this well .....

(btw-to give the weather man his due, the sun did eventually come out and I think we actually hit 41 for a few minutes ......)

So here's to a bad day turned good, to hopes of a good night's rest tonight, and to something else new and shiny and pretty to distract me from the stupid snow tomorrow.

How many days until I get to go to Nashville and meet up with Jerri and Robin?????
17 ... well shoot, today is pretty much gone, let's call it 16, 16 days until me and the kids load up the car and head south!

No comments: