Thursday, November 13, 2008

Why I am the size I am .......


What is it about the fall and baking? Why must I dig out every bread and cookie recipe and then track down new ones to try as well? Thank God the kids go to school and I can send some of the things I bake in as teacher bribes ... er, I mean GIFTS.... teacher GIFTS....

Today I tried out 2 new recipes. The bread is a cheddar dill bread. David went without me to pick out plants for the garden this year and came home with dill. I had no idea what to do with it and it is still thriving. In fact - it has spread. It was growing in a container on the deck but when it flowered - the birds came and pecked at the seeds. Some seeds must have fallen in the flower bed at the edge of the deck because we now have dill growing in random spots all throughout that bed.

The cookies are oatmeal-cranberry-white chocolate. I'm sure the oatmeal and cranberries make the white chocolate healthy somehow right?

So the cookies are cooling and I'm about to search out something I can make for dinner that will go with the dill bread. If they turn out to be tasty treats - I'll come back and post the recipes if you want 'em.

No comments: