Monday, November 10, 2008

Here comes the cold .... BRRRRRR!

The above average temperatures are gone and I am sad. The cold front came in Friday evening and it looks like the cold is here to stay. WAH!!!!!!!!!! We even have possible SNOW in the forecast for the weekend. And my kids know me so well. They told me this weekend I should get my Grumpy (as in one of the 7 dwarfs) coffee mug down and start using it for my morning coffee .
Saturday we got to "enjoy" the cold as we sat and watched Audrey's final football game. I was so cold! Everyone else came prepared with those stadium blankets. You know, those ones you see touted in fall advertisements lookin' so cute, so plaid, so fall-ish. I never bought one and I used to think to myself "Now, those are so cute and all but, really, who buys those? It's never all that cold at the football games" And now I know, people who live here buy them so they and their children don't freeze to death at the football games. Yeah, all I had was my glad "Neat Sheet" - and while it offered a little protection from the wind it did not offer much warmth. BRRR! Thank goodness David was with us. At half time - he took Amy and Allison to the car to thaw out. I stayed and cheered Audrey on and now I have a horrible cold. Here are a few pictures:


So this morning we are off to the store to stock up on cold medicine and tissues and also see if we can find a winter jacket for Miss Allison. I have lots of hand me downs for her but, coming from Texas, not alot of winter hand me downs ........ go figure ......

No comments: