Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Happy Anniversary to Us!

August 8, 2008 marked our 10 year anniversary. I can honestly say we are very happily married and looking forward to the next 10 years and then some. Funny how August 8, 1998 was the first day the temperature in Dallas did NOT hit 100 degrees or above (it was only 99 that day) and August 8, 2008 the temperature here was barely 80. I had promised the kids we would go to the neighborhood pool and so we went and I FROZE!

David and I had a wonderful anniversary evening. He came home from work with these:

And I presented him with this:

His very own Beer Tender!




Then we went out for a nice dinner where he presented me with a new necklace, a cross made from 16 diamonds (our anniversary is 8/8 ... 8+8=16, get it? lol). It is very sparkly and very pretty. You can maybe, sort of, kind of see it in this picture of me enjoying my dessert at the restaurant:

Ok, not really, so here's a slightly better picture of it:
After dinner we strolled around an outdoor festival going on near the restaurant and then we drove over to sports bar to catch a little of the opening ceremonies for the Olympics. Afterwards, being the wild party animals that we are, we hit ..... Barnes and Noble. Yes, I know - you wonder where we get the energy don't you? David bought a book, two extra copies of the magazine with his current article in it and another magazine to read. I bought a book and ..... so daring .... a calendar/notebook/organizer for the school year. It is a whirlwind life we live here in Liberty Township, Ohio.

But truly - it was a close to perfect evening spent with my best friend and love of my life...a wonderful way to celebrate our 10 years together

Awwwww.......


No comments: