Monday, August 4, 2008

Are You Ready For Some Football???


We sure are!!!!! Last night the whole family settled down on the couch and watched the Hall of Fame Game. Poor Audrey tried so hard to stay up for it - she made it to half time. Amy checked out early on. I think she was in bed before the 1st quarter was over. Audrey is so ready for football season to return. AND, an added bonus for her this year - - - I signed her up for a flag football team yesterday. She is so excited. It is through an organization called "Upward" - a Christian sports league for kids. Her choices were flag football or cheerleading and she chose flag football. (mom is so proud! sniff, sniff) She has "evaluations" tonight at 6:30. (sort of like tryouts to see what position to put her in) I wonder how she is going to like it? The only "sports" she has ever done are dance class and swim lessons both of which are pretty individualized. I think being a part of a team will be good for her. Amy wanted to sign up for the Upward cheerleading but with her beginning Kindergarten and American Heritage Girls in the fall, I figured she had enough on her plate for now. If she still wants to, I will let her do cheerleading next year.

AND - I was scoping out the schedule for the Cowboys and this year they play the Bengals on MY BIRTHDAY! How perfect is that? People here go nutty for the Bengals (even though they suck) so maybe if I have a football party on my birthday, people will actually come! Wait - neighbors - acting social? I could be asking for too much ... but then it is football ..... I am going to hold out hope. And hey , even if it is just my family - it will still be a good day. It would be better if we had tickets for the game and flew home for it but since we aren't made of money, I don't see that happening.

No comments: