Thursday, May 15, 2008
I am such a big fat liar!
Yeah - so I end last night's post proclaiming that I will not do any household chores and instead I will treat myself to some well deserved TV and wine. Ha ha!!!! Those who know me best know that cleaning therapeutic for me. So I leave the computer and go load the dishwasher, wash out recylce-ables and put them in the bin, sneak some clean and folded clothes into the rooms of sleeping children, hunt down some clothing items for the delicate cycle and get those started, CLEAN THE CAT BOX and then wash my hands and pour a glass of wine and turn on a recorded "Guiding Light". About 20 minutes into that, I peel myself off the couch and go fold the laundry I said I wasn't going to fold and put most of it away, get the delicates from the washer and hang them to dry. David came home around 11:15 to find me drinking my second glass of wine while making the PB and J for Audrey's lunch. (David is at the NRA convention in Louisville until Sunday. He was traveling back and forth but I convinced him to use some coupons I had from Hotels.com and book a room so he wouldn't waste just as much $$ on gas) So yeah - I did have my wine and I did watch one episode of Guiding Light - but I also did most of what I said I wasn't going to do. I did however refrain from washing any "non-dishwasher-safe" dishes and I did not sweep the floors or wipe down the counters. AND I managed to get in bed by 11:45 instead of my usual midnite or later. Oooo - a whole 15 minutes earlier - but hey! these days, that is a definite improvement for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment