Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Catching Up

OK - so I am actually tutoring right now but I only have one kid and she is talking to the people in the background more than she is talking to me so I am drinking a glass of wine and blogging - yeah, I am one dedicated employee I tell ya! This would be one reason my blog is NOT public .....
It's been while since I posted and here is why:

* David ended up catching that horrid bug. You know how men are when they are sick and this bug was particularly harsh so you can imagine what he was like. Yeah, he spent about 2 days in bed - wish I could do that when I was sick!!!! He was pretty much useless from Tuesday afternoon until Thursday morning.
* Wednesday was crazy for me - We had Bible study in the morning and then Amy had a field trip in the afternoon. Her field trip was from 1-3 and parents had to transport the kids to and from the location so there was no point in trying to run Allison home for a sham of a nap and then get back to pick Amy up.

aww crap - two students showed up, yeah, now that the session is more than half over! Way to be prompt! And yes - all three of these kids are coming through the govt funded program -your tax dollars hard at work! ha ha ha ha ha HA! I'll try to post more later

OK - it's Wednesday night and I am on fielding IM's as a Team Leader, but it's quiet so let's see what I can add ...
where was I?
Oh yeah - so Wednesday - Bible Study in the AM, home for a quick lunch and then off to the Niederman Family Farm for Amy's field trip WITH Allison in tow. Here are the pics:
http://picasaweb.google.com/TXKirsten/NiedermanFarmFieldTrip
By the time the field trip was over, it was not quite time to pick up Audrey but not enough time to go home either. Allison falls asleep in the car but Amy has to use the restroom. So I carry a sleeping Allison in to the elementary school so Amy can use their bathroom and then we sit in the lobby for about 40 minutes and wait for Audrey. Then it's home for a hearty snack and we're off to Audrey's dance class.
*Thursday - I make it to the gym - FINALLY - only to have Allison completely lose it when I drop her off at child care - but she did settle down and I did get in a work out - whew!
- - - Oh geez - David is here pacing - wants to get on line - good grief I wish we had a frickin' network that frickin' worked!!!! He drives me insane the way he has to be on here all the time. This was supposed to be MY office and MY computer!!!!!! I'll be back later .........
Alrighty - David is off to Wal-Mart to buy a bulb for a burned out brake light ...... the kids are asleep and the computer is MINE all MINE ..... Back to "catching up"
*Friday - no school for Amy b/c we have parent-teacher conferences. Mine is at 11 and Judy is going to watch Amy and Allison for me. BUT Judy calls at 10:30 - her 2 year old Patrick had a bad reaction to sand mite bites he got when they went to Florida for Spring Break -she has a chance to get him to a dermatologist and has to cancel on me last minute. Luckily the only other friend I have in the neighborhood is actually not working (she is aka; The Bare Escentuals Girl) so I call and beg her to watch the kiddoes for me. Allison of course screams as I drop her off but Rebecca assures me she was fine about 2 seconds after I left. Conference goes well, get the kids from Rebecca, eat lunch and get Allison down for a nap. We leave around 3:30 to pick Audrey up from school so we can go shop for Camporee stuff. Camporee is an American Heritage Girl camping event that Audrey and I will be attending all day Saturday. The weather has been gorgeous but Saturday is forecasted to be cold and rainy. So off we go to Target to get rain boots and cheap pants that can get muddy. Then we head to Justice b/c Audrey informs me that we have to buy clothes there. It is where allllll the girls buy their clothes. So in we go, armed with a 20% off coupon, and what does she finally decide to buy????? A Webkin figurine and two Webkin outfits!!!!!! The clothes there are cute but they are a little more trendy than my conservative Audrey likes and really more marketed toward the upper elementary set. David meets us out at the shopping center, we head to Best Buy to look at flat screen TV's that we know we won't buy and then we stop off for Chinese food at a place that is on the way home. get the kids bathed and in bed only to realize I am missing a "sit-upon" for Camporee (one of those seat cushions like you might use on the bleachers at a sporting event). It is on the pack list and knowing Audrey - if we don't strictly adhere to the list I will hear about it for the rest of my life. So back out I go to find a sit-upon. I momentarily panic when it looks like my choices are stadium seats with either a Cincinnati Bearcats or a Ohio State or a Cincinnati Reds logo but God shines His favor upon me and I find plain black ones that are actually pretty nice. Camporee was a blast. I really like this American Heritage Girls club - if you have a daughter, you should look into it:
http://www.ahgonline.org/pages/page.asp?page_id=18722
If we ever move to a city that does not have a troop, I will more than likely try to start one.
and here are the pictures from our day:
http://picasaweb.google.com/TXKirsten/AmericanHeritageGirlsPictures
Camporee pictures start in the middle
*then Sunday - as a family we participated a March of Dimes 5k walk. Audrey was so tired, poor thing, she had a total melt down by the end but was OK once we got home and she could be lazy and veg. The walk was fun for the most part - we were in downtown Cincinnati, where I have never been, and we got to go through the stadium where the Bengals play. I am a little upset that my kids' first visit to a professional sport stadium is not Memorial or Texas stadium but I working through that .... I wish I had pictures from Sunday but my battery was dead from Saturday and I forgot to charge it overnight.

So that was my life last week - this week has been a little more steady and predictable - no one has been sick (KNOCK WOOD) and there are no major events this weekend. In fact - David will be out of town so we get to be totally girly all weekend long. Yahoo!!!!

No comments: