Tuesday, April 15, 2008
The Germ That WILL NOT die!!!!
Ok - I am at my wits end here!!! Why are my children so sick this year? What is it? Is it something I am feeding them? Something I am not feeding them? Is it an allergen in this house? The @#$%! stomach bug that ran through us all before and during Spring Break is back. Last week Audrey complained of a sore stomach, I thought she was nervous about her upcoming AHG sleep-in. Friday, she barely ate anything but I wrote it off as nerves and anticipation and she went to the sleep-in. Saturday she was lethargic and barely eating but I wrote it off as being tired from the sleep-in. When she would not eat anything Saturday and tried to throw up Saturday night but couldn't, I made her stay home from church Sunday. Sunday night she was up trying to throw up and had diarhea. Monday was to be the day I started my new exercise regime. I had my alarm set for 6:20 and by 6:30 I was going to be working out. I was going to be one my way to - not a flat stomach - but perhaps one not-so-lumpy. BUT - Audrey wakes me in the middles of the night complaining of a sore throat and Amy wakes me at 6 am throwing up in the bathroom. So much for my early morning workout ........ After breakfast, mine being an oh-so-appetizing Slim Fast shake, the bug hits me. GREAT. So everyone stays home from school Monday and I wash every stitch of clothing and then every bath towel and wash cloth from the kids' bathrooms. I scrub the kids bathtub with comet. I spray every upstairs door handle and faucet with Lysol. All toilets are scrubbed. All bathroom counter tops are wiped with bleach cleaners. I sanitize every toothbrush, I wash every dish and cup, I wash every dish towel. This house was WELL on it's way to being a germ free zone! AND we make a trip to Wal-mart and load up on bananas, rice cakes, oatmeal, crackers and gatorade. It's bland food for everyone all day. The girls seem to be doing better and I am hoping against hope that everyone is well. I have great plans for my Tuesday: workout from 6:30-7, get a start on disinfecting the master bathroom, send Audrey to school, take Amy to dance, run by Linens-n-Things for one more plastic adirondack chair (they are only $13.69 w/ the coupon and they match the color of my metal patio chairs!). But no .... I am up at 1am with Audrey who has had diarhea all over herself and her bed. Strip the sheets, clean the child, get the sheets and the jammies in the washer, remake the bed, comfort the child and get her tucked back in bed, all while trying not to throw up from the smell. I crawl back in bed only to be up at 3am with Amy who has thrown up all over herself and her bed. Same routine but this time Amy needs a full bath and needs her hair washed and her carpet needs to be scrubbed. (btw, David sleeps through ALL of this!!!!!!) Then at 6am Audrey is up again trying to throw up. I seriously do not know how much more I can take!!! I spent alot of time in prayer last night asking for healing and asking for His strength to get through this. I am used up, I cannot do this on my own. If you do not hear from me I am either buried in laundry, maniacly scrubbing baseboards and muttering to myself, or I have simply run away .......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Kirsten, I totally feel your pain! Mazzy is on Round 2 with that bug as well. Jack's had it once, and I had it last week. It was horrible! I'm really really hoping I don't get it again (and Dax hasn't had it at all yet).
I hope your girls are feeling better. And I'm with you...I just want to get out in the sunshine and exercise for a change! It's spring break here this week, and the weather is gorgeous, but we're stuck at home.
Post a Comment