Well it seems the bug has passed and we are healthy once again - MAN I hope typing that didn't just jinx the heck out of us!!!! I got hit hard this time. Mostly I was tired and achy and felt perpetually nauseous - UGH! not fun. Thankfully Audrey was at school and Allison took a long nap from being up in the middle of the night sick. It was a school day for Amy but she still wasn't feeling 100% so she and I spent the day watching TV and reading books and then took a nap together in the afternoon.
The weather is wonderful here today - not cold, not raining, actually - dare I say - almost what you could call warm! The heater is turned off and the windows are open. Amy and Allison and I spent an hour gardening together in the front yard. I planted a bunch of bulbs back in the fall, tulips and daffodils and they are almost all blooming. They look so pretty! One clump of tulips is an odd spot. I transplanted a shrub during the winter and unknowingly plopped it right next to some tulip bulbs. I am debating whether or not I can transplant those tulips w/out harming them. Now I really want to add a bench out in my front yard. It would look pretty and it would give me a place to sit and wait for the school bus - especially next year when Audrey and Amy will both be riding a bus to and from school. And a good place to sit and watch the kids when they want o play out front. BUT the bench I found that I like is $174. YOIKS! I have other things I want more - like painting the hideous teal shutters a more pleasing and softer green, new kitchen chairs, hardwood floors in the living and dining rooms and new carpet through out the house.
There is so much I want to do with this house and I am so tired of David being the one who gets to set the priorities and schedules. Sooooo - I actually emailed my supervisor at Sylvan today asking about job opportunities in the fall. With no one to cart to or from pre-school - I will have more afternoon hours free. Allison will still be napping so I won't be going anywhere - so I figure, why not work and make some more $$? Then maybe I can get the stuff I want done w/out so much arguing .....
Alright - think I'll get back out front and pull some more weeds and clean out some more dead winter stuff. So when are any of you going to come visit and appreciate all this work I am doing ?!?!?!?
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment