Well - we're back. It is nice to get back into a routine and to have our own space but I can't really say I am thrilled to be back in Liberty Township, Ohio. I love going "home" for visits but I am always so homesick when we get back. To go from 85 degrees and sun to 50 degrees and rain is HARD. And then there's the whole culture and food thing too. Oh how I miss the friendly people, the moms with no make-up on at the parks, HEB .... I could go on and on ........
We had such an awesome time with everyone!!!! Thanks to allllllll of you who hosted us in one way or another. And to those of you we missed - I am so very sorry. It was just crazy with family stuff and naps and meals and car sharing to try and organize. My goal is to come by myself in the summer so that we can actually see the kids' friends (no school) and so that we can stay longer, maybe a month? Not this coming summer - traveling with Allison is still a bit of an adventure. But perhaps next July, July of '09. Allison will be 3 by then and should understand not to touch everything in a public restroom, and there will (hopefully) be no need to pack diapers or any kind of crib or travel bed for her. We also might have a newer car by then (the Expedition has over 120,000 miles on it now) and as much as we have fought it - we will probably end up with a car that has a DVD player in it. The kids do really well without one, truly they do, but that's with two parents in the car. One of us can run interference when need be. If it were just me and the girls driving from Ohio to Texas - I would like the "back up plan" of a DVD player for those longer stretches.
Now of course - as always- the offer still stands that ANY of you are MORE than welcome to come visit us here. I know, I know - I haven't exactly painted it as the greatest place on earth so why should you visit me? Here's why:
- It would only be a visit, you wouldn't actually live here.
- The winters SUCKS but the summer is really nice - except that it is way too short
- We have this great house here and I hate that I really have no one to show it off to. There's planty of room for guests!
In fact - we think you should all come for the 4th of July. This subdivision goes nuts with their own fireworks. We just sit out in the front yard and wait for the show to begin.
Well that's it for today .... crabby baby - husband wanting the computer - eSylvan report needs filin' - dinner needs fixin' - laundry needs shiftin' .......
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment