Ok - so I KNOW I should be thankful that David has a job and I am
I realize we are very lucky for David to have transitioned from one job to another so smoothly.
And it could be worse - he could be moving to Nashville in a few days and he's not.
BUT
I am so tired of sharing him with Dell and Ceva!!!! They called him to El Paso to help them fix some emergency and off he goes. He left before dawn on Wednesday. He worked 14+ hour days every day he was there. He came home Saturday afternoon. My good friend Robyn was hosting a neighborhood party at her house and even though we don't live in her neighborhood, my kids were invited so David and I could have a "free" date night. David is such a prince that even though he was running on 2 hours of sleep he still took me out to dinner. I love him!!!
Today is Sunday - the plan was for him to sleep in while I took the kids to church. At 8:45 his phone went off. They need him back in El Paso. Today was supposed to be a family day. We got to squeeze in a very quick trip to a pumpkin patch but David has been off and on the phone and email allllll flippin' day! We even had to pull over en route to the pumpkin patch so I could take over driving so he could be free to text, email and take and make calls.
David is leaving tomorrow morning for El Paso and won't be back until late Sunday evening.
He will miss Halloween with the kids.
He will miss my ultrasound on Wednesday. That means he will not have been with me for any ultrasounds during this pregnancy. That has never happened. He has not been to every ultrasound with each pregnancy but he has made it to at least one if not two each time.
Like I said, I am so glad David has a job. And I am very glad that he is thought of so highly. It is great to know he is valuable and that apparently he is one of the few people who can fix things that other people screw up. I understand that this provides a good amount of job security which is great thing to have in this day and age. But still .....
Is there anyone out there anymore who has a husband that doesn't travel and only works 9-10 hour days and only 5 days a week????
I know it is partly hormones talking here but still...
excuse me as I stomp my feet and shake my fists but ...
I just want my husband here and when he is here I want him with us and not tied to his laptop and/or blackberry!!!!
Rant over - promise to post something happy next time ......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment