Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I promise to come back and blog .... one of these days

I know, it's been a l-o-n-g while since I posted anything new.

In case you hadn't heard - Baby A did arrive.



Andrew Rich Albert was born at 5:44pm on Friday, December 30, 2011.  He is great.  He is adorable and he is AN EATING MACHINE!

That boy can nurse for an hour - drink a bottle or two - and then NURSE AGAIN before he falls asleep. (and he typically makes no less than 2 dirty diapers during all of this) OY!  He sleeps pretty well, who wouldn't after all that eating, but lately - when he wakes up he is RAVENOUS and we start the whole cycle over again.  I am very, very thankful that he accepts supplemental formula because if I were exclusively breast feeding I think I would be near dead by now.  As it is I feel like I drink gallons of water every day and I can not remember a time when I slept for more than 3-4 hours at a stretch. The interrupted sleep wouldn't be so bad if we weren't up for 2 hours each time (or 3 hours like this morning!) I go to bed around 9pm.  I wake up around midnight and I'm up until 2 or 3am.  Then it's back to bed but only until 5 or 6am and then, by the time Andrew falls back asleep, it's time to get up with the girls and get everyone fed, dressed and ready for school. I am really hoping this is just some sort of growth spurt and it passes.  And when it does - I promise to come back and post Andrew's birth story and share more pictures.....

No comments: