I am feeling so very conflicted lately ....
Today is Sunday, October 23. We are planning to welcome Baby A on Friday, December 30. That means I have roughly 2 months to get everything ready ......
TWO MONTHS!!!!!
I feel so overwhelmed. When we added Amy to our family - Audrey was 19 months old. She wasn't even in pre-school yet!!! Let alone dance or AHG ......
When Allison came along, we were moving and that brought all kinds of new stress with it but .... During the pregnancy? Audrey and Amy had pre-school and dance and that was it. No Nutcracker, no AHG ..... And also no nursery to prep and I wasn't combining two kids in to one room. We were moving so I all I had to do was clean and purge to get ready for the movers but I didn't have to do much beyond that. (and may I point out that Audrey and Amy were at their pre-school from 9:30am-1:30pm which is longer than Allison is at Kindergarten, 1:20-3:50)
But now:
I have 3 kids at two different schools (stupid Ohio puts Kinder and 1st at one school and 2nd-6th at another)
My kids have homework and projects and there are parent meetings and conferences and school events
My kids also have friends that they want to go see or invite over
All three girls are in dance and the older two are in the local Nutcracker. (I was going to "just say no" to Nutcracker this year but when I thought we were moving I thought it might be their last chance to perform)
All three girls are in AHG this year and I am still Troop Coordinator (until December anyway)
AND
We are moving Allison into Amy's room so Baby A can move into Allison's room. This means, cleaning and organizing and painting and rearranging and .......
As December 30 draws nearer I am feeling more and more stressed. When I am stressed I usually clean and/or bake to alleviate my stress. Lately, the cleaning sends me straight to bed with fatigue, nausea, and sometimes even mild cramping
And the baking? I started off so overweight that I am really trying to keep my weight gain in check. I have already gained 20 pounds - the total amount I hoped to gain - and I still have 9.5 weeks to go! Included in those 9 weeks are Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas!
So my usual stress relievers are in fact working to create even more stress! ARGH!!!!!! Maybe I need to find a pre-natal yoga class? Except, since I haven't even found time to schedule the pregnancy massage I got for my birthday I am pretty sure I'm not going to find time for a pre-natal yoga class ........
Whine! Whimper! Moan!!!!
Sunday, October 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment