Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Getting Excited!

God just continues to bless us and I am so thankful. So, so very thankful.

Yesterday David told me the travel budget has been "slashed".  He thinks he will go to Nashville the Friday and Saturday before Halloween and then that will be it for the remainder of 2011.  Yippeeeeee!!!!!

So now that I know I have one more full year in this house, maybe more - I feel better about updating it.  Plus David will be here to help. So now I feel like we can do updates that we like and not "just enough to make it sell".  I don't think we'll go "all out" but we can take our time and therefore maybe spend a little more money on what we do. I still don't think we'll be able to completely re-do the master bath but it won't have to be as minimal as we originally thought either.  And it gives us way more time to paint.

And speaking of paint .....
We bought Amy a new bed this past weekend - it's her "big" gift for her birthday and now we'll finally be able to slide the trundle I bought about a year ago underneath it so Allison will finally have an official spot to sleep in Amy's room - instead of a mattress on the floor like now:

The new bed should be here by October 12.  Soooo - before we assemble the new bed I want to haul everything out of her room.  (Amy is quite the packrat so this ought to be an interesting event - Lord only knows what we'll find) Then I think, since a move might still be in our near future, we'll still paint her walls something boring like "eggshell".  We need to paint her desk and her dresser too - hopefully we can match them to the bed. Once everything is painted - we'll slowly add back in what can fit and make the room work for Amy and Allison.  Then, since her walls will be boring - we thought we'd do a bright green bedspread or comforter and then hang her posters in these bright green frames.  And I'll try to find some cute knobs for her dresser and desk.  Amy's "friend" party is this weekend so we'll wait and I hope to get started on this project next weekend and maybe get it done by Thanksgiving? And then in January - when the Elfa goes on sale - we'll re-do Amy's closet so that both girls' clothing will fit better. (and we all know how happy Elfa makes me)

Then it's on to Baby A's room.  Before I wasn't very excited about doing his/her room since I thought we'd only be leaving it 6 months later. But now ....
I think we'll probably go ahead and paint the room a sage-y green. I'd like to try and match the color we used in Audrey's room back in Austin:

Altogether now: awwwwwww! Isn't that such a sweet picture of David reading to Audrey and Amy? 

Then if Baby A is a girl, I am leaning towards this bedding. (I will most likely be induced on December 30 which is my mom's birthday and she had a thing for Owls) And if Baby A is a boy, maybe this bedding or maybe this bedding. I feel so silly getting so excited about decorating a nursery.  This is baby #4, as of today I'm 41 years old .... but still I get all twirly and smile-y when I think of prepping for Baby A's arrival.  Before, when I thought about his/her arrival, all I felt was stress and worry.  But now that I know David will be here, that's all changed. Do you think I'm silly?

No comments: