Oh how my life has changed. I was so blissfully happy today and when I look back at what it was that made so happy - I have to laugh. Some of it was the usual but some of it ... well you'll see .... it simply highlights the fact that I am a 41 year old suburban housewife ......
#1 - The children actually got dressed when I asked them to. We left for school on time and no one left anything at home. No one was in tears over anything, everyone started the day happy.
#2 - The weather started out simply gorgeous. Sunny, 60 degrees, just enough wind to send some of the fall leaves falling. One of those days I actually like living in Ohio.
#3 - Allison and I made our usual Friday stop at the public library and not only did they have the two movies she had requested sitting aside for us but they also already had the book I had only requested last night. Movies for my princess and a book for me to read over the weekend - SCORE!!!! (yes a book that I can lazily read in my recliner now cheers me up almost as much as a babysitter and a night out - this is how it is when you are 41 and pregnant my friends....)
#4 - After the library Allison and I headed to Jungle Jim's because they had chuck roast on sale - 2 for 1. I scored two really nice roasts that are each around 2.6 pounds and I only paid about $8.00 for each. It's fall and the school year is in full swing. I my house, as in many others I am sure, this equals "crock pot season" and having not one but two roasts in the freezer? Oh this is a good thing - a very good thing. (Hi, my name is Kirsten and I'm a housewife ...)
#5 - Not only did we score the roasts but we also found that they still had some salt water taffy in stock. My daughters and I fully admit to being addicted to this stuff and it is "seasonal" and only here in the summer. To find some still in stock in October brought such a big smile to Allison's face and seeing her smile brought me such immense joy.
Oh how my life has changed ...... but you know what? I wouldn't trade it for the world. My life isn't perfect and we certainly see our shares of ups and downs but overall? I am one lucky lady....
Friday, October 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment