OK, be forewarned, it has been one of those days here and I am set to whine at the top of my lungs. OY! I definitely see a glass of wine in my very near future ....or maybe 2 glasses ....oh heck, maybe even 3!
#1: IF you are going to bring your son to the 2 year old story hour at the public library and ALL HE DOES for the first 30 minutes is cry and whine loudly "NO" and "I want to GO!" then for the love of all that is good in this world - TAKE HIM OUT OF THE ROOM! You standing back there swaying him and extolling the wonderfulness of the stories and songs as he continues to wail over you does NOT add to the experience for the rest of us!!!! I mean, c'mon! It's story hour. It is not mandatory, it didn't cost you anything, there's no real reason to force him to stick it out, it is not that hard to step out into the hallway until he settles down. (and btw - he looked a little big for 2, are you sure you weren't supposed to be at the story hour for older kids?)
#2: If I EVER had any doubt that Amy is David's daughter, those doubts are gone, gone, gone! (and I do mean "his daughter" in the sense that she takes after him, not in the sense of who did I sleep with that week?) Anyway, back to my whine - Wednesday is the day I wash the kids' sheets. They pull them off for me in the morning and in the afternoon, I remake their beds with new sheets. I usually end up straightening up their rooms a little as well, just so I can navigate around the beds without twisting an ankle. So today I was making Amy's bed and I got so fed up with all the STUFF everywhere on the floor I decided I had had enough. I grabbed a garbage bag and prepared to find and toss out any junk she had been holding on to. What a PACK RAT! She almost puts David to shame!!! Let me just say I took one large garbage bag out to the trash bin, I took one large box of stuff down to the basement to return it to it's correct storage and I also took a HUGE stack of papers to the recylcing bin - making sure to bury them of course under Sunday's paper. GOOD GRIEF! That kids had held on to every scrap of paper she ever made one pen/pencil/crayon/marker stroke on. I think she had almost every craft she ever made in Sunday school or pre-school. And any kind of container that could be re-used, she had taken and filled with all sorts of odds and ends. Oh yeah - that's exactly how I wanted to spend my afternoon ..... It will be interesting to see if she even notices any of it is gone - I doubt she will, David almost never notices when I toss his stuff .....
#3: So we knew it was coming right? I went to Chicago for the weekend and I fully admit it, splurged a tad. But darn it - I had it coming! I have never gotten away for fun with a friend and David has been on how many weekend trips with his gun buddies? he goes to how many happy hours every month with the guys from work? (he's actually at one right this very moment). But yeah, mine comes all on one mastercard bill so I get read the riot act on how we have to cut back our spending. The very next weekend - very next! he goes to the gun show and tells me how he came so close to buying some stupid gun for over $300. It took all I had in me not to smack that boy up side the head. And yet still, I am being uber-careful. I am literally scrounging for change to buy a gallon of milk. He made a grand act of making tuna salad so he could take sandwiches for lunch and quit going out every day - yeah that lasted all of ONE day. Now I have a bowl of stinky tuna in my fridge - if it is not gone next week, I am tossing it. And here I am sweating tonight about groceries and he calls to tell me he is going to happy hour. grumble, grumble, grumble
#4: So since we have enough money for him to go to happy hour, I decide we also have enough money for me to drive through McDonald's after Audrey's dance class. Audrey gets out at 6:15, we usually get home between 6:30 and 6:40 and I have to be on here answering IM's for Sylvan by 7. So fast food or a pre-made or crock pot meal is pretty much the best way for me to get everyone fed and get myself online. I had originally planned on David coming home to put enchiladas in the oven for us but that didn't happen now did it?!?! So tonight, I am in this "mood" and I decide - screw it - I'm ordering the happy meals AND something for myself too. Yeah it's horrible for me but you know what? I don't care. So I order a southern style chicken sandwich - no fries, no drink, just the sandwich, because I am truly a tight wad at heart afterall. BUT did I get the sandwich with my order? NOOOOOOO Do I realize it in time to circle back and get it? Of course not. So I settled for some of the kids' fries and one of those Campell's "Soup at Hand" things of New England Clam Chowder.
Oh yeah - I am so "gettin' my drink on" later this evening ..........
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment