Amy had her FIRST day of Kindergarten today:
and just so she wouldn't feel left out and because I was already an emotional wreck so why not add to it .... Allison had her FIRST haircut today:
And how is mom handling all of this you ask? Not so well. Yesterday I was tired and moody all day. I ended up going to bed before 10 only to wake up crying by 11:30 from a nightmare where someone was repeatedly threatening me and attempting to kidnap my children. And it doesn't get any easier next week. It will be the first week I have had to let my Amy go to school for a full five days. 5 days! Amy has been my little sidekick for so long now. What will I do without her? Monday we have our first AHG meeting which won't be bad - Audrey will be in her second year and I will be Amy's leader. But afterwards we have Audrey's first football practice and because of AHG we'll get there late. Audrey's first team sport practice ever and I won't be able to get her there early or even on time. Tuesday and Wednesday are looking OK, the older two have dance class but that's routine we're used to. But the big event is Thursday. Thursday, after my precious Amy gets on the bus, I leave for Chicago and I won't be home until late Sunday night. This is a trip I deserve, a trip I need to take, a trip I have been looking forward to for a long time - - -but it will be the longest I have ever been away from my children. I am meeting my dear friend Jerri in Chicago for a Girls' Weekend. Thankfully Jerri and I know each other well enough that she will completely understand any irrational, emotional breakdowns I might have..... And hey, relieving stress is what spas and shopping are for right?
1 comment:
Sooooooo jealous of Chicago!!
If you hear someone knocking on your hotel room door, LET ME IN!!
Post a Comment