Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My Little Satistician

I have always said Audrey has a mind like a steel trap. That girl can remember the smallest of details. She gave me the perfect example Monday evening ......

Monday was her first practice with her flag football team. We didn't get off to such a great start. The AHG meeting ran late and then I had trouble locating the team on the practice field - she ended up being 30 minutes late. YOIKS! AND the team is supposed to be co-ed but Audrey was the only girl there. BUT she had a blast. She ran hard, she gave it her all and afterwards she must have thanked me 10 times for letting her sign up for football. At the end of practice they passed out all the gear, one piece of which was her jersey. She opens it up and says dejectedly - "Aw, it's the same color as the Miami Dolphins and they aren't a good team. They only one like 1 game last year." Yes, my 7 year old daughter can tell you how many games an NFL team won last season. A team that didn't even get much airtime here in Ohio. A team that no one in our house cheers for. A team we don't follow in the least little bit.

I swear, if this girl does not end up working with numbers and/or statistics in some form or fashion when she grows up, I will be truly amazed!

Oh - and we got another magnet for the car - - - I haven't put it on yet but I am sure Audrey will talk me into it soon. Eegads - I am becoming one of those moms!!!!

No comments: