Ok now, as evidenced by the photos below, Allison is darn cute and all BUT potty training this child might just send me over the edge. My morning thus far ......I go get her from her bed this morning and change her out of a soaking wet diaper. Literally two seconds after I put a fresh diaper on her she is frantic telling me she is "stinky" (which for her, can either mean "wet" or "dirty") and she wants me to change her. I check the diaper and it appears to be bone dry. I ask if she wants to sit on the potty she says no, as always. We head downsatirs, we eat breakfast I finally get around to that first cup of coffee, I am just about to stir in my cream and sugar when Allison comes to me frantic. She is "stinky" and she wants to go sit on the "Princess Potty". (I put the princess potty seat on the upstairs toilet and she seems to prefer that over the little training potty) I get her up there, pull the diaper off to discover it is dirty but I sit her on the potty anyway in case she isn't done. She sits for a bit and then claims to be done. I help her wipe, we flush, I go two steps away to put the diaper in the diaper pail and get her a pull up and come back to see that she has peed all over the bathroom floor. ARGH! She was JUST on the potty!!!!! She tells me "It's wet Mommy, come clean it". I wanted to cry. I sit her back on the toilet and mop up the floor. David comes by at this point and offers up an oh-so-helpful chuckle. I am so frustrated. She does this all the time. She will sit on the potty and do nothing but then pee on the floor almost the second she gets off! She hates to be wet or dirty, but she will not go on the toilet. Is she simply not quite ready? Or is this a battle of wills? Think back readers, think back to the last round of potty training you went through .... I am open to any and all suggestions and/or words of encouragement ......
No comments:
Post a Comment