Thanks to all the waiting and worrying with Dell, our summer vacationing so far has consisted of one quick trip to Illinois. We left Ohio Friday morning and headed to Rockford, IL. In Rockford we met my dad for dinner (he was at the hotel across the street from ours) and then went back to the hotel pool for a swim. I was actually born in Rockford and we lived in and near Rockford until I was three. We used to go back often but as we got older we only went back every other year and then it was pretty much only every few years. The last time all of us (my dad and both of my brothers) were there was for my mother's funeral in 1995 and then again for my grandfather's funeral in 2004. Saturday was a memorial service for my grandmother and I was the only "kid" to make it this time. After the memorial service most of us ended up at the family farm. Here are a few pictures :

Allison had been asleep and, as you can see, was not all that thrilled to be woken up:
On the way home we surprised the girls with a stop at American Girl Place in Chicago. I wish I could have taken more/better pictures but it was crazy crowded. Here is each girl with the doll Daddy bought:
Audrey with "Kit"
Amy with "Elizabeth" (Felicity's friend)
Allison with "Kirsten"
No comments:
Post a Comment