So I guess this week has been a week for me to do things a little differently than what you might predict of me .......
Monday, June 30:
I spent the day calling around for a babysitter and found one at 3pm in t he afternoon. I had never met the girl or her parents but she was referred by a parent who's judgement I trust implicitly. At 4:50 I left to pick up 15 year old Anna and bring her back to our house so she could watch the girls while David and I went to see Rush in concert. Yep - you read that correctly, I went to see Rush. (and yeah, Jessica, you'll have to click on that link to see who I am talking about since you were a BABY when these guys were popular!!!) Am I big fan? Not even close but David is, this was his 5th time to see them. It made him happy and more important, I got a night out AND I didn't have to put any kids to bed!
Wednesday, July 2:
I chopped off my hair. We're talkin' a good 7 inches of my hair - GONE! I do not think I have had it this short since I was in oh, maybe 2nd grade!!!! It was super long, I hadn't had a haircut since before EASTER and I was getting frustrated with it.
Thursday, July 3:
I became on of those parents with a magnet on the back of her car. Today we went to the AHG office to get Amy's uniform and mine for the fall (because our troop is marching in a 4th of July parade) and while we were there, I also bought the AHG car magnet that Audrey has been so desperately wanting. She slapped it on the car right there in the parking lot and the gigantic ear to ear smile was absolutely worth my becoming one of those parents.
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment