Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun!

After weeks and weeks and WEEKS of rain the sun is finally here!!!! My garden is planted and so far the plants are thriving! The temperatures actually feel like summer!  AND, the other day  the water at the pool actually did not feel like an ice bath!  Now - if only the sky would turn blue instead of it's usual dull grayish-blue I would be oh-so-happy!

And the summer weather has been such a nice distraction from all the other stress ....

David's facility is set to close November 4.  There are rumors abounding that it won't happen - that the new company is woefully unprepared - that it will really be more like early February ..... And for a while there was even a hint of a rumor that Dell would realize they had made a mistake in awarding the contract to the other company and back out of it and come back to Ceva ...... That rumor faded pretty quickly but the closing date is still a bit of a mystery .....

Add to this there have been job offers - one in Memphis, David turned it down, and now one from Nashville.  NASHVILLE!  The place I have wanted to go for so long.  If I can't get back to TX - I'll gladly take Tennessee.  BUT David is hesitant, he is holding back, he is not sure. It's killing me!!!!! I want to start packing right now!!! But I am biting my tongue, trying to be supportive, and praying like mad.

Nashville has THREE Chuy's.  Nashville has Blue Bell Ice Cream.  Nashville still gets snow sometimes but it certainly doesn't last as long as it does here.  Nashville has summer - not as brutal as TX but not as mild as Ohio.  I'm guessing we wouldn't watch 4th of July fireworks while wrapped up in blankets. I'm guessing they don't issue a "Heat Emergency" when the heat "index" is at 95. Nashville is a 10 hour drive from Dallas. Southwest flies in and out of Nashville.  Nashville has the Tennessee Titans, which used to be the Houston Oilers.  I could go on .......
My prayer is that if Nashville is the place then David will eventually come around and jump on the job offer.  My fear is that I will want and wish and ask to move there and then end up miserable for some reason. I'm terrified it will somehow turn in to a "well - you asked for it" situation.
Oh but what if it IS meant to be?  What if we could get a decent house, or maybe even a dream house?  What if we could live just enough in the country that we could have a good parcel of land but still have good schools for the kids? Maybe David could have room enough to go shooting and I could have my duck pond?  What if .... what if .... what if .....

So I am just trying to forge ahead and act like this is any other summer. But there are differences that I can't ignore ... we have no "membership" or "passes" to anywhere.  Allison is signed up for swim lessons and a one-day camp but the other two are not signed up for anything yet.  Under the ruse of "Grandma is coming to visit" I am trying to purge and streamline everyone's closets and all the accumulated "stuff" in the bedrooms and in the basement.  Tomorrow we will head to the public library and get everything we need for the summer reading program. I'm trying to strike a balance between keeping things "normal" while still preparing for any big changes that might come our way .......

And I am thankful - soooo thankful - for the summer weather.  If this were happening during the dark dreary winter - I truly think I would lose it.

No comments: