Sunday, June 19, 2011

What a journey .....

If any of you who read this know me in real life - you may have noticed I've been a little distracted, a little withdrawn, a little bit "off" lately.  Well, my change in behavior has definitely had it's reasons ........

It sort of started back at Easter.

The Thursday before Easter we learned that Dell was NOT renewing their contract with Ceva and was instead going with a company in Columbus.  After months and months and months of "We'll let you know by next Friday" they finally decide to tell us .... on a Thursday .... before a major Holiday ..... how nice ....So as we tried to process  that news .... the fact that yet another surprise was waiting for us started to drop some hints.

I was "due" to "start" over Easter weekend. Something I was absolutely not thrilled about.  Who wants to be bloated and crabby on Easter Sunday?  But it never showed ..... I simply wrote it off as stress or poor math skills.  But another week went by ...... And then, I was at the grocery store thinking I would pick up some shrimp for David and I to snack on one night after the kids went to bed.  A mini-date night if you will.  However, when I went to get the shrimp the fishy smell nearly knocked me over and I thought I would toss my cookies right there in the seafood section.  And I thought - huh-that never happens! Hmmmmm ....... So the next day while sitting in the carpool line I get out my calendar and recount the days and yep - I am over a week late.  Still, I  tell myself - it's stress, I'm just skipping one, it'll be here next month.  But the nausea only increases.  I keep trying to tell myself it's just "nerves" and "stress" but deep down, I know. I cut out all coffee and diet coke (which was no easy task) and I drop my evening glass of red wine.  I know David notices but still I say nothing.  Finally, when I am three weeks late I tell him my fears.  He tells me he had already guessed, tells me loves me, and tells me we'll be fine and holds me tight. OH!  How I wish I had told him sooner!  It felt so good to know he wasn't angry or flipping out and it was so good to have someone to share my fears with. I finally work up the courage to take a test and yep - it's positive.

So I go about finding a doctor and set up an appt.  I'll was about 10.5 weeks along before I got to my appt and I a total basket case.  The list of "What if's" in my head was a million miles long.  Then I calculate the due date - anywhere between January 1 and January 5.  But I am always induced at week 39 which means .... yep - a Christmas baby!

AND THEN:
There is a job offer for David - IN NASHVILLE.  Nashville is where I have been praying to go ever since I experienced my first winter here.  The job is with Ceva, the salary is the same, and there is a relocation package.  Here's the kicker - The facility here closes in November and David would be needed in Nashville by December.  No big deal - I can stay here and sell the house next May and David can go ahead on to Nashville ..... but oh yeah - wait - there's A BABY coming at CHRISTMAS .......

So chances are we won't be packing up a house and moving with a baby in winter.  But then that means I'll be playing single parent with a 5th grader, a 3rd grader, a kindergartner and a newborn - Heaven Help Me!!!

So it's been quite the journey so far and I still have many miles to go ......

Now that the "cat's out of the bag" I hope to get back to posting more often fill you in on all the craziness ahead .....

No comments: