Monday, June 27, 2011

Picture Day!

Tomorrow I get my first Ultrasound and I can't wait.  I'm excited and nervous all at the same time.  Being "Advanced Maternal Age" does have some advantages ... I get this early ultrasound for "free" (insurance covers it).  Technically it's called a Neuchal Translucency Screening.  Technically it's a "test" to look for Cystic Fibrosis and Down's Syndrome.  But for me - it's simply a chance to get a sneek peak at my sweet little bean.  I had one when I was pregnant with Allison (yes, that's right, I've been "advanced maternal age" TWICE now) I remember being so amazed at how fully formed she was already at only 12 weeks.  This time I'll be one day shy of 13 weeks (by my calculations anyway). 

Last time I was simply curious.  This time I am curious and also so very nervous.  I guess because this pregnancy caught me so by surprise I'm just so nervous.  This time around I am so afraid this ultrasound will show something wrong. I've been surprised with each pregnancy but at least the other times we were talking babies or thinking babies. This time babies weren't even on the radar...and I'm old....and I'm overweight ...

If you read this blog and you are of the praying nature - please lift me and the baby in prayer.  Hopefully I'll get a picture or two to take home.  If I do, I'll come back here with a full report and pictures to share :)

No comments: