Friday, February 26, 2010

Hmmmmm ........

So I had two tutoring sessions cancelled on me.  Haven't had that happen in a while. One was for this morning (friday) and having it cancelled allowed me to FINALLY get around to posting some baby stuff on Craigs List (not any cute baby baby girl clothes - don't panic Jess)

Anway - I immediately sold my two diaper pails.  They are gone and I am $10 richer.  They cost me way more than $5 each BUT they have been used through 3 kids.  Well - one was used with all three, the other was mostly used with Amy and occasionally used with Allison - but still - USED DIAPER PAILS. So I say $10 for the pair ain't too shabby.  Plus I have had emails about two of the other items.  No takers yet but ..... I just posted everything around lunch today so .......

THEN

Another tutoring session gets cancelled.  Monday, 2pm-3pm.  First of all, I almost never get scheduled for this session.  And then, right after I see that it has been cancelled I check my other email and see that I have an interview request from a place I applied with quite some time ago.  Guess when they want to call me for an interview?  MONDAY at 2PM!

Hmmmm ---
Makes me wonder if God isn't at work here.

This job I now have an interview for ....
I first heard from them right around the time I decided to jump in and accept the volunteer position I had been offered.  All of that has been rolling steadily along and it's looking like a pretty solid, done deal kind of thing.  I go for training on March 11.  I started talking with God, he knows how I feel about finances.  If you don't know me well - let me tell you - I am a FREAK about having enough money.  I did not grow up in a financially stable situation and I can panic faster than just about anybody when it comes to money and the possibility of the lack of it.  I have been feeling lately that every opportunity for me to make money has been yanked out from under me and it has had me feeling rather unsettled.  After a few Bible Studies I started to wonder if maybe God wasn't trying to teach this very independent girl to be a little more DEpendendent --- on the One that never fails ..... So I have been doing my best to "act in faith" and "put my trust in Him" and trying, really trying, to change my attitude here.

So now it will be interesting - will I be offered this job?  It pays pretty well  ... I get pretty excited when I think about what I could do with the extra cashola
But then - maybe it's a  tease - maybe I still have learning to do about WHO I should trust for "my supply" .....

Hmmmmmm ....

Oh well - whatever the case - keep me in your prayers folks - the interview is at 2pm eastern on Monday .......

No comments: