Sunday, March 14, 2010

I promise I'm still alive ... barely ......

Since my last post life has been downright CRAZY.  That new job?  The training was HARD!  Oh my word.  I took my qualifying tests over the weekend and I dunno .... right now, I feel like my chances are pretty slim.  I prayed and asked God clear the cobwebs from my brain and keep me focused and calm.  I asked Him to grant me the job if He thought it was the right thing for me and for my family.  In my opinion, 20 hours a week at $15 an hour is OF COURSE the right thing for my family but .... I will fully admit to being NOT God in soooooooooo many ways so .... I guess it's just "wait and see" now ..... I should find out by tomorrow afternoon.

On top of the job training .....

My sweet baby Audrey turned NINE on Saturday. 9?!?!?!  How is that possible.  And she is the LUCKIEST 9 year old I know because her daddy bought her her very own iPod.  She was and still is in heaven!  Amy is pretty envious but I told her she can listen to mine when ever she wants.  Truth be told - I'm a little envious myself.  Audrey's is the newer version of mine but now that version comes with games, a radio tuner, a camera ..... all sorts of coolness mine doesn't have .....

Saturday was also the day of the International Festival for American Heritage Girls.  Our troop did not host the event but it was held at our Charter Church so we had alot of responsibilities.  The planning for this event was nightmarish and I don't even want to begin going in to the details. Let's just say I learned alot about how NOT to plan an area wide event.(our "area" is made up of all of the troop in Southwest Ohio and Northwest Kentucky)  Somewhere between 750-800 people attended.   And even though not every "i" was dotted nor was every "t" crossed the way I would have done it, the girls still had fun and it was pretty awesome to see such a large turnout for an organization so Christ-centered.

And speaking of American Heritage Girls .... I am proud to announce that I will be leading Troop 702 next year.  Our first year with the troop I provided child care for the leaders' younger children.  The next year and this year I have served as the Squad Leader for Amy's squad (our Troop breaks into Squads by grade level)  For the 2010-2011 year I will lead the entire troop (currently we have 97 girls).  I will be listed on paper as the Troop coordinator and a friend, who will be leading with me, will be listed as the vice-coordinator, but we plan to split up the duties pretty equally.  Then for the 2011-2012 year we will switch roles on paper but continue leading pretty much the same.  I am thrilled that I was asked.  I am excited and also little nervous about leading next year.  But I know without a doubt this is something I want to do.  American Heritage Girls is an organization I am so proud to be a part of.  It is such an awesome thing and I wish I could tell the world about it.  If we ever move to a place that does not have a troop I will definitley find a way to start one up.

So that's where I've been .... and it's not over yet .....

Tomorrow is an AHG Monday so we'll be at the church from 4:30-6ish. 
And if I passed the qualifying round for the new job I will have another training class tomorrow from 7-8:30pm.  And I'll also start logging 4 hours of work each weekday.
Wednesday, St. Patrick's Day, I get to take ALL THREE kids to the dentist for cleanings - oh joy!
And since the International Festival fell on Audrey's birthday, her party is this weekend.  The guest are coming over for dinner and dessert at our house at 6pm and then those who want to are spending the night.

So NEXT Sunday I can finally breath a sigh of relief and relax ..... for a little while at least ... until more things start popping up on the calendar .......

No comments: