So it took me just about f-o-r-e-v-e-r to get my Christmas stuff boxed up and put away. I got a little sidetracked arranging all that baby/kid clothing on those new shelves. Plus, somehow I manage to box everything Christmas up in a COMPLETELY different way each year ... Why do I do this? I don't know. I guess part of it is because there are a few new decorations I add each year and then a few I decide have lived a good life and I toss. But all the Christmas stuff is boxed and put away ... well ... all except these .....

Why are these still out you ask? Because they are stuck. They are literally frozen in place and I cannot get them out of the dirt. That dead plant is frozen in there too. I forgot to get out there and pull it before the freezing weather hit ...... We have been at or below freezing since January started. BRRR!!!! Wednesday we actually got up to 32 and Thursday and Friday we are actually supposed to hit 40. Woo-hoo! Let's break out the flip flops and tank tops! UGH! I hate Ohio!
But while we are on the subject of Christmas decorations let me show you these:

These are my reminder that I
AM a good mom. Some day - and probably some day soon - I am going to forget something important, I am going to say the wrong thing or not say what I should say and when that day comes (and comes again, and again) I am going to pull up this post and look at these ornaments. (BTW-if you have your
entire tree decked out in these, you might not want to read any further.) To me - these are just ugly. They aren't run-away-screaming hideous but they really aren't much to look at. And if you can't tell in the picture, they are covered in glitter. I am NOT a fan of glitter. HOWEVER, I now own three of these ornaments.
THREE. Why? Because I am a good mom, that's why. When Amy and I went in search of a
replacement flying Tinker Bell doll, she found one of these in the Christmas section at Target where everything was 50% off (the one with the tag cut off already 'cuz she hung it on the tree the SECOND we got home). She asked if she could buy it and since my gift to her had so far been an utter failure, I agreed. Plus it was 50% off of $1.99..... Later, when I was at a different Target, searching through their markdowns, I found 2 more and this time they were 90% off.
90%!!!! Since the other two had been rather envious of Amy's ornament and since I try to buy at least 3 of each ornament so that one day when they grow up and have a tree of their own to decorate, there is less fighting over who gets what .... I now have THREE ornaments that don't go with anything else on my tree and are also covered in glitter. So yeah, when I am feeling like low parent on the totem pole, I am going to remember these ornaments and tell myself I
AM a good mom. For buying those and also because I let Audrey hang this scary one up every year.

SERIOUSLY! Have you ever seen a creepier ornament? It was given to her by her 3 year old pre-school teacher and she cherishes it like you would not believe ..... I usually try to convince her to hang it in an inconspicuous spot and it usually gets hung front and center ...... It gives me the willies!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment