
So last night I actually got to go OUT! Me and a friend from the neighborhood met up with some other girls from the neighborhood. OUT! Not shopping, not a school event or scout related meeting, just a fun evening out.
Another gal in the neighborhood works for Big Brothers/Big Sisters and last night she pulled off an amazing event. It was a Girls' Night Out Benefiting Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Butler County. Tickets were $25 and there was all sorts of girly fun. Girly snacks like cheese and crackers, chips and spinach dip, fruit, cookies, cupcakes.... There was a free wine tasting table and and a cash bar. And there were vendors with tables all around the room to shop at. Most of the vendors were those that sell through home parties so again, all girly. Three or four jewelry people, make up people, purses, cute hand made kid clothes, one table was doing free manicures, there was even TUPPERWARE! It was a fun, fun event.
But here is the reason behind my post and the picture at the top.
I was going out. I NEVER go out here. There's no where to go and no one to go with. So when this opportunity presented itself I was thrilled. I recently ordered some super cute jewelry from Stella and Dot and it came in time for the party. I took myself shopping at J Jill and found a super cute sweater (in "currant") that was 40% off!!! And a necklace (can't find a picture online - DRAT!) that happened to go with one of my new Stella and Dot rings. I was giddy I tell you, giddy! And I did not stop with the clothing and accessories - I even put on full make-up! Well .... full for me ......
If you know me, you know make-up is not my thing. Never has been and probably, at this point, never will be. I just never got in to it like other girls. So last night I dragged it out. Ya'll, I am so pathetic. I got my foundation on and applied my "mineral veil" (my friend works at the Bare Escentuals store so I may not wear make-up often but when I do, it's the good stuff - lol). I made an attempt at eye shadow - one color, neutral - I am not skilled enough to handle more than that. I thought about blush and thought about it. I pulled out the blush brush, looked at it and thought .... I bet there's some left on there from the last time I wore blush (probably 9 months ago) .... I smiled and made circles with the brush on the apple of my cheeks ... it looked like some blush did come off .... I left it at that ... afraid I'd look like 6 year old had done my make-up if I tried anything more .... And then the mascara ... I stepped out of my comfort zone and attempted to apply it to my lower lashes.... As we were leaving the party my friend and I were discussing maybe booking facials at this one skin care place that had a table at the event. Then we were talking make up. She tells me she thought my make up looked good this evening and said she could tell I tried a little eyeliner. I had to confess. When attempting to apply mascara to my lower lashes I stabbed myself and made a mess - on EACH EYE. In attempting correct it I smudged it and then gave up left some, deciding it maybe looked like eyeliner. Apparently it did. Oh I am such a failure at make up. Such a failure. And at 39, I am thinking I am just NOT going to get the hang of it ... ever ....
No comments:
Post a Comment