Friday, December 11, 2009

...Big breath IN through the nose ... s-l-o-w-ly let it OUT through the mouth .....

Oh - oh -oh

I did it.

I finally did it.

I just hit "send" on the email that may very well my end my time at eSylvan .....

NERVOUS!!!!!

QUEASY!!!!!

So on Tuesday I got this in an email:

"Hi Kirsten,
I was noticing on your Master Schedule that 8 of the 10 hours listed occur before 3pm EST. Just a reminder that we require a minimum of 10 hours to be scheduled between 3pm-11pm EST as these are EO's official hours of operation and peak student demand. Any additional hours that you wish to include in your MS may lie outside of this time frame. Please make the necessary adjustments to your schedule as soon as possible. Keep in mind the high demand for teacher needs between 5-8pm when considering hours. Thanks for your quick attention to this, Kirsten. Please let me know if you have any questions!"


It came from the twit that got my old position, the one I had to reapply for, the one I had held since the frickin' position was even frickin' created ....

Anyway

So I was kinda sort of expecting it but then as time wore on figured I was ok
BECAUSE
no where, at least no where that I can find, is it ever written that we have to work between 3pm-11pm eastern. And I know for sure I have never knowingly signed anything that stated this.

So I sat on the email for a few days ..... calmed down ... formulated and reformulated my reply .....

Here's what I just sent:

This email caught me by surprise. I was unaware of such a policy regarding the hours entered on our master schedules. I looked back through the employee handbook but did not see it mentioned anywhere. Was it sent in an email that I missed?

I will look over my schedule and see if I can find a way to alter it.


Oh won't it be interesting to see what happens.....

The worst part of it though? David has been consumed with the latest launch of the @#$%^*^! WMS thing and has been working 15-16 hour days. He hasn't been home and awake for me to discuss any of this with him. EEEEK!!!!!

It's late Friday - - - I don't think I am even going to CHECK that email account let alone open anything in it until Monday ............

No comments: