Thursday, September 24, 2009

Some days you just can't win .....

So apparently we need to find a kid to adopt or we need to have another baby ....

First there was Allison acting out when Audrey and Amy went back to school and she was left at home with no playmates.

And now

This summer, Amy and Audrey had "sleepovers" in the basement and Allison wanted to join but being newly potty trained I had to say no. Allison was not happy, they were having sleepovers, why couldn't she? Then there came a point when Audrey no longer wanted to sleep in the basement, she wanted some time to herself and wanted to sleep alone in her own room. Now Amy was unhappy.

THEN Allison started the whole roaming sleeping thing which seemed to improve when she slept in my room. Sooooo I put a spare mattress in Amy's room and voila - everyone was happy.
In fact so happy that I am looking at ways to arrange Amy's room so I can fit two twin beds in there.

BUT NOW - Audrey comments tonight; "You sleep with Daddy and now Amy sleeps with Allison and I am the only one on my own and that's not fair." ARGH! I point out that our only option here is to adopt or to have another baby - neither of which seems to be an option Audrey is really willing to go for.

Totally should have gone for an even number of kids .... totally should have ...... and it's not like I can fix it now, the age gap would be too big .....

Now Seth, this doesn't mean you guys should only have 2 and Jessica this does not mean you should go for 4. This is just an example of how my ridiculous anal retentive control freak issues have spilled over into my own offspring (Audrey) and also further proof that Allison is really Jerri's child. (sleep issues)

No comments: