I did it, I gave in, I bought two mums. Allison and I went to Meijer's looking for camp chairs on sale so we went in through the "outdoors-y" area. They had camp chairs and the sign said they were on clearance. But sooooooo typical of Mejier's ... no price tag on half of them and when I took one in to scan the price it was still $19.99. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.... I absolutely HATE shopping at Meijer's - they are the worst with the whole bait and switch.....but I digress ... my absolute disgust with Meijer's is a whole 'nother post for whole 'nother day.....
As we were parking at Meijer's Allison spied the mums. As we walked in through the outdoor area she went bananas over all the mums and she literally started to tear up when I said we couldn't buy any. Since she is my baby and since I will FULLY admit to spoiling her ... I gave in, we bought two. She was insistent on the color and since this color doesn't really go with the color scheme on my front porch and since I am still trying to deny that Fall is rapidly approaching, we planted them in the pots on our back deck that had previously held dill and basil .....
And I have to admit - they do look pretty ...
and I was checking out the new crop of mums at Kroger and Jungle Jims this weekend and I was thinking perhaps it is time to give in and plant some in the pots out front ......
I do love Fall after all .....
Mums, pretty leaves, Halloween, corn mazes, pumpkin patches, FOOTBALL, they're all GREAT
it's just that season that comes after Fall that I hate .........
No comments:
Post a Comment