Now before you think I made an unreasonable demand you need to understand:
1) The guns David purchases are NOT cheap! He is collector. This is like purchasing valuable works of art. They are costly invsetments. And it's not as if he doesn't have a good collection already. We have an entire room in the basement devoted to this.
and
2) The hardwood floors are replacing some truly nasty carpet. Our whole house has the original builder grade carpet. It is cheap and it is white - or at least it started out white. The hardwood floors are going in my living and dining room. The previous owners had cats. We moved in with two cats, one of which was in his "final stages". Needless to say there is an entire corner that is yellow. Ewwwww! And then, I have three children. I like to eat at the dining table for holidays and special occasions. 3 children + white carpet under a dining table = stains, stains, and more stains.
1) The guns David purchases are NOT cheap! He is collector. This is like purchasing valuable works of art. They are costly invsetments. And it's not as if he doesn't have a good collection already. We have an entire room in the basement devoted to this.
and
2) The hardwood floors are replacing some truly nasty carpet. Our whole house has the original builder grade carpet. It is cheap and it is white - or at least it started out white. The hardwood floors are going in my living and dining room. The previous owners had cats. We moved in with two cats, one of which was in his "final stages". Needless to say there is an entire corner that is yellow. Ewwwww! And then, I have three children. I like to eat at the dining table for holidays and special occasions. 3 children + white carpet under a dining table = stains, stains, and more stains.
So the day finally came, David began seriously looking into the whole hardwood flooring thing. Tuesday he walked into the flooring company next to the dance studio when he went to drop Amy at dance class while I was at the pediatrician with Allison. Yesterday the sales rep came out with her samples at 11:30 and was back at 5:30 with more samples and a bid. David came home while she was still here and we have a plan and we are tentatively set to do this NEXT WEEK!!!!
Here is what we're doing:
The new floors are for my formal living and dining room:
The new floors are for my formal living and dining room:
Now, to save money we are moving our own furniture so that will be an adventure in itself I am sure. And you know, there is a wine rack to move and I'm sure it would be easier to move if there were less bottles ... but alas - I won't be done with "7 Day Cleanse" until Tuesday and after yesterday (see previous post) I am not so sure polishing off a couple bottles of wine over the weekend would be the smartest decision to make ...... But then .... if I'm going to be "sick" no matter what ...... Jess - too bad you guys aren't here - with the week you have had with I bet you could help me out!
No comments:
Post a Comment