The trip was nice but I do wish we could have spent more time with Jerri and Robin. It was just so hard trying to organize everyone. However, we do plan on making this an annual trip however and next year, the girls and I will try to be there Friday and Saturday. Maybe if I start saving NOW I can afford two nights at the Gaylord?
The girls absolutely loved the Rockette Christmas show. They were absolutely transfixed! Even Allison. I wish I had more pictures. Here we are waiting for the shuttle bus to take us over to Opryland for the show. I didn't want to mess with holding onto bulky winter coats throughout the show so the poor things were "coatless". Amy and Allison were pretty OK but Audrey's dress was a little on the thin side.
Right after intermission ended we had a "situation". Allison had been pretty fussy for the last 3-4 days. I finally determined she was fussy because she was "uncomfortable" because she was a little "backed up" ..... Before we left for the show, her body began to "remedy the situation". I knew there was more to come and prayed, "please God, let us get through the show". (Oh the joys of parenting!) Well - we made it through the show but Allison was stuck in one heck of a diaper for the second half. Needless to say - we did not stop for any more pictures nor did we purchase any kitschy Rockette souvenirs. Instead we made a quick dash across the parking lot to the Opry Mills mall where I bought sweaters for everyone at Old Navy and looked with no luck for a new outfit for Allison. Then we hiked it to the shuttle bus stop. I had to carry Allison - poor babe could not walk with that diaper full of nastiness. I felt awful for her - it was BAD my friends - terrible, awful, no good, VERY bad - she was going to need a nice long bath when we got back. We didn't even get to go out for dinner as planned. Thank goodness I had packed a plethora of snacks and had them in the hotel room. Otherwise I would have been coughing up $7 each for PB and J's from room service and probably another $15 or so for something for me.
Jerri and company had an early flight Sunday so the girls and I slept in and then strolled around the Gaylord. I was hoping to snap a picture worthy of a Christmas card but Allison was in no mood to pose. Plus, her eczema was really flaring up and she was forever itching her belly and her arms. Here are the best I was able to get:
Fortunately we are headed to Kiddie Kandids tomorrow for another attempt at pictures and then we'll try to go see Santa while we're at the mall and maybe that picture will turn out ....
No comments:
Post a Comment