
So my Mother-In-Law has been saying from the start that Allison is destined for the stage and I think I must agree. She will definitely be a performer of some sort whether it be a hobby or a career. As parents we will do our best to guide her to performing in a way that we can be proud of - I figure we made a good start by not naming her "Star", "Destiny" or "Sugar". Allison wakes up most days singing to us all. It used to be the Alphabet song and it went a little something like this "A, B, C, D ....H!" and then became, "A, B, C, HEB, Double Wex, Now I sing ABC, next time sing wif me!" That HEB in the middle was sheer torture for me. As any of you Texans reading this know - HEB is the world's greatest grocery store and only in certain portions of Texas. Anyway, it has progressed to "A, B, C, Double D, Q, R, T , Now I sing my ABC, Next time you sing wif me!" (Double D?!?!?! Wishful thinking?) But now we have abandoned the ABC's for .... the Bumble Bee song. What? You are asking what the Bumble Bee Song is? Did your mom not love you enough to teach it to you? Did you never go to summer camp? "I'm bringing home a baby bumble bee, Won't my mommy be so proud of me, I'm bringing home a baby bumble bee, OUCH! It stung me!" And so the song progresses as the child smashes up the baby bumble bee and then licks up the baby bumble bee and finally throws up the baby bumble bee. Oh yes, 'tis a fine song my friends! Sooooo - the other day running errands Allison pipes up from the back seat with "I throwin' up the baby, I throwin' up the baby, won't my mommy be so pr(mumble, mumble) me!" and then she says, "I throw up the baby mom, now you throw up the baby, you sing!" Ahhh - such a sweet young lady she is. So now, this is her favorite song and it is what I often wake up to. She also chose to belt it out during the American Heritage Girls Award ceremony the other night. My little songstress - such a doll!
No comments:
Post a Comment