So I've been feeling a little down lately -
Stressing about the future and how it will all play out
Stressing about fixing up this house
Stressing about David's travel schedule
But the Lord sent some goodness my way on Friday and suddenly - my world seems so much brighter.
Friday afternoon I had an apointment with he new OB practice. I loved it! The doctor I saw was so nice! She totally understood me. She mentioned God and blessings and miracles within 5 minutes of our conversation and that alone made me feel so much more at ease. One of the most telling signs, in my opinion, that I had come to the right place was my blood pressure. I usually have pretty low blood pressure but at my last appointment with the old practice it was 130 over something. Friday afternoon, at the new practice, it was 112 over 70. Now granted - last time I was at a hospital and Friday I was at an office. Ever since my mom passed I do not do well at hospitals. The first time I ever entered one after she passed I had what I now think was (or was close to) a panic attack. However, I think it was more than the fact that this practice was in an office. The receptionist was so much nicer, the office staff was chatting with one another and laughing while I waited to be called back, the waiting area was pleasant - all around it was a better experience from the start. Then my blood pressure was so much more normal AND I only gained 2 pounds since my last appointment. (I was hoping for only 1 pound but 2 isn't bad) The doctor was so nice. She asked me more than once, "What else can I do for you?". AND she said they were very open to inducing me at 39 weeks. Told me I could even go so far as to pick my doctor and my date. I still want to make sure my body is ready for an induction, I don't want to force things and end up with a c-section, but it is nice to hear that they are open to scheduling one. I go back on the 22nd for an ultrasound. I am hoping David and the girls can come with, I'll have to call back and ask what their policy is.
Then, as if finding the "right" doctor weren't enough - I came home to find an email from my neighbor saying her daughter could babysit for us on our anniversary. Yahoo! Yippee!! We though we had a sitter - but then she couldn't get someone to take her shift at her summer job. I thought we'd never find someone else with only a few days notice. But we did AND she lives NEXT DOOR!!! David said he'd try to take me somehwere in downtown Cincinatti. I've never been out to eat anywhere downtown except a burger joint. He's only been to "nice" restaurants a few times with work stuff. Sooooo looking forward to a night out with my sweetie. And hey, maybe since we're actually headed downtown this time, we'll fill our time WITHOUT having to stop by Walmart, or Home Depot, or Bass Pro Shop like we have been known to do in the past ........
On top of Friday's good news - Today I posted our swingset on Craigslist - free to whoever will disassemble it and take it away. So far I have about 7 people who are interested. Hopefully one of them will follow through and haul it off today! Part of me will be sad to see it go but ...... It was used when we got it. I has been through some pretty rough windstorms. The wood is rough and the whole structure is leaning. We haven't let the kids climb on it in about a year now. I thought maybe David could rehab it but he is just too busy now. Plus, if we really are moving (and it's looking like we will) this set would not really be worth moving. I'd rather get rid of it now and give the kids more open space to play in and then get a new set when we get settled in our new location.
Thank you Lord for sending these little blessings my way. The were JUST the pick me up I needed!
Saturday, August 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment