Is it Friday? It just does not feel like it to me.... not yet anyway
Last night I made this really yummy pasta dish (and it was easy too). Spinach, basil and shrimp in a cream sauce over fettuccine with garlic bread on the side. AND I treated myself to one glass of Chianti ....... BUT I paid the price all night long. I don't know if it was the shrimp, or the cream sauce, or the garlic bread or maybe even the wine but I was up all night feeling so sick, breaking out in cold sweats and praying I could just vomit and get it over with. Never did, so I tossed and turned for about 2 hours and eventually fell asleep propped up on pillows ......
Ate a croissant for breakfast and that just about did me in - I wanted to crawl back to bed but I had to get the older two to school.
After we dropped them off, Allison and I came home and I ate some jello and started to feel a little better. We were supposed to meet up with one of Allison's pre-school pals at a water park around 11. I really wanted to just stay home but knew that Allison was really counting on this so ...... By 11:30 the mom hadn't called (they had kindergarten orientation this morning) I started thinking maybe I was actually going to get out of it and made some lunch. But then she called - rats!
I don't have my GPS, it's in David's car. So I looked up directions on the internet (how did we function before that was such an easy option???) and printed them off. In the car we hop and then we proceed to hit EVERY RED LIGHT possible. OY! We are finally getting close but the directions are wrong and there is an amazing lack of street signs. We do end up in the right place only for me to discover - I left my wallet at home. Thankfully I had $2.00 in quarters in the car to pay admission in to the park but now I have no money to buy drinks or snacks which I of course did not pack because #1 - we JUST ate lunch and #2 I figured I'd buy something if Allison indeed did get hungry. Oh well .....
The girls have fun and I enjoy chatting with my friend. 2:30 rolls around and we say our good-byes so we can all get home in time to collect our olders. Allison and I are passing Audrey and Amy's school at 3:15. Dismissal is at 4. Yesterday I left my house at 3:25 and was still pretty far back in the carpool line. So I decide we'll just pull in now. Besides, if we drive home we'll really only be home 5 minutes before we leave again. FORTY FIVE MINUTES in a carpool line with a bored 5 year old and an exhausted, pregnant mom is NOT fun. But hey - at least I'm only about 5 cars back in line :)
We get home at 4:15. I announce that I am going to sit and read and unwind and let them know they are free to snack and watch TV. I haven't heard from my husband all day so I have no idea what our dinner schedule is. I have pizza and root beer planned as an end-of-the-first-week-of-school celebration but I have no idea when to begin or if Daivd will be eating with us.
Then Audrey gets a phone call from one of her BFF's. Apparently they have either planned to eat dinner together or have a sleep over or something and of course this is all NEWS to me! I just glean this info from the bits I am able to eavesdrop, she still hasn't run this idea by me but I hear her making plans with the other girl over the phone. It is Friday, I am tired, I am still not feeling 100% - there is no way I am carting Audrey to someone's house or picking her up from somewhere later and I am CERTAINLY not hosting anyone else's kid. David is headed to Chicago early Monday morning and won't be back until Wednesday. Monday is our first AHG meeting, and then I also have two curriculum nights plus one Gifted and Talented informational meeting to either try and attend or ask for printed information from. Plus dance classes start next week! I NEED my weekend to rest and gear up for next week!!!!
My 10 year old, however, does not really care much about the day I have had or the week I am facing and is now sulking and pouting like only a 10 year old pre-pubescent girl can. Lord, grant me strength to see her through puberty and on in to her teen years. I know other moms have done this and survived and I know I am not alone in having more than one girl to go through this with but there are days when I really think I might not actually survive this ...........
On the bright side - David was going to have to work all weekend and called to say they actually got everything done today so he doesn't have to go in after all. Yipee! Downside to that is - They are all out celebrating over beers while I am sitting here eating cheese pizza and dinking root beer with a crabby 10 year old. At least the other two still love me and don't think I am the wicked with of the west - yet ......
Friday, August 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment