
I cannot believe it is already the middle of JULY! I feel like school just let out and already we're looking at school supplies and back-to-school clothing sales.
And we're still keeping busy with lots of fun
Jessica and the boys just left this morning. I think it will really hit me that they are gone this afternoon and certainly this evening. Jessica, if you are reading, I loved having you here! Some of the best times were after the kids were in bed and we had time to talk, online "window" shop (and sometimes - shhh - Seth, close your eyes! - really shop - shhh) and watch trashy TV.
Audrey and Amy still have swim lessons this week and next.
Amy has her overnight camp July 19-20. How is that possible? How is "Baby Amy" old enough to go away to camp overnight?!?!?! (and what kind of wreck will I be next year when Allison is old enough for Day Camp? )
David's mom and her husband will be here July 24-27.
In August the calendar opens up. No lessons, no camps, no trips, no house guests.
BUT
* We still have yet to see the "Hannah Montana" movie - it's at the discount theater now.
* We still have yet to see the "Hannah Montana" movie - it's at the discount theater now.
* We still haven't seen "Up" either. And now there's that new "G-Force" movie that looks good.
* David and I are going to try to get a sitter and go see "Public Enemies". Silly David, he thinks it's a movie about the Thompson Machine gun (aka: David's other wife) but I know it's really all about Johnny Depp. But hey, it's a movie we both want to see so it's allllll good.
* David and I have our anniversary Saturday, August 8. HAVE to get a sitter for that! (and probably treat myself to some sort of beauty treatment beforehand, even if just a haircut followed by a mani/pedi or maybe just the "pedi" part ... we did just get two bills for Allison's hospital stay)
* Audrey and Amy have dentist appts on the 10th.
* David has his annual trip to the "Show and Shoot" at Tracy's outside of Columbus the weekend of August 13th and the girls and I just might have to take a girly road trip of our own that weekend.
* And then school starts August 26th and there's all sorts of Open Houses and what-not the week before.
AND
We went to the zoo with Jessica this past Sunday and I used a coupon we got in the mail and bought a family membership. (It was a pretty good deal at $91 for a year with free parking) So now we have a zoo membership AND a museum membership so I know there are more trips to those places in our future.
What a fun summer we are having!!!!!! I think I might just have to make a photo book to document this summer. That way when the kids are teenagers and try to tell us they had a horrible childhood and we never did anything for them, I can whip out the "Summer 2009" photo book and show them otherwise. (or smack them on the head with it .... whatever the situation calls for .... tee hee tee hee) And I'm pulling out the whole "I-stood-in-line-in-a-parking-lot-for-4-hours-so-you-could-see-the-inside-of-Hannah-Montana's-tour-bus" story on that day too. That was last summer ......
No comments:
Post a Comment