Thursday, March 26, 2009

Why I am often late:

So I am actually particpating in a Book Club! I truly think I am the only housewife on the planet who has not participated in at least one book club. This one isn't quite what I was hoping for but it's start. What was I hoping for you ask? Oh, I don't know, the kind where you get toegther with your friends once a month and drink wine and sit around and gab, no kids, no husbands. And really, only a handful of you actually read maybe just a portion of the book. This book club is a little more serious but I'll take it. We meet on Thursday mornings at a local coffee house and with stupid Ohio and their stupid half day kindergarten I have both Amy AND Allison with me. But the coffee shop has a kids area and today they did ok. But I digress .....

Today was the first meeting. We were supposed to meet at 9:30. Audrey's bus comes around 9:10 / 9:15 (again, stupid Ohio schools) so I knew I was going to be a few minutes late but I had told the organizer this and she said it wouldn't be a problem. So I get Audrey on the bus and come back in and tell Amy and Allison "Get your shoes on so we can go" and this is what I get:
Allison is wearing Audrey's shoes and Amy has her shoes "on" but on her hands!!! And of course they are so pleased with themselves and I am so tickled that not only do I join in their laughter but I also stop and take a picture of it. So yeah, we got to the coffee shop around 9:40 but, oh well .......

No comments: