Friday, March 20, 2009

Random Ramblings from My Life ......

* So I have been working out pretty consistently for about 4 weeks now. Averaging 3 mornings a week, about 40 minutes each morning. I'm trying to get back in the habit of drinking water throughout the day. I am eating more fruit and more fiber. I feel like I am doing a pretty good job and yet - the only place I seem to have lost any weight? My boobs! Where is the justice in that my friends?!?!?! That is just so wrong! so soo sooo wrong!

* Speaking of weight ... I am really getting frustrated with it. I have probably gained 10 pounds since the fall. And it isn't like I was at a good weight before. Do I keep trying with the diet/exercise? Should I go get heavier weights? Now that we have a working DVD player in the basement should I get a few Denise Austin videos? I know I should really work out 4 days a week but should I maybe shoot for 5? Should I try some sort of diet supplement? Which one? Should I give that Slim Quick stuff a try or do I go whole hog and give Alli a try? I have to do something! I cannot continue to gain 5-10 pounds every year. I am hoping that with Allison in pre-school next year I can step up the exercising. It seems like when Amy started pre-school I was able to lose more weight. Of course, every time I slim down, I get pregnant ..... and that BETTER not happen! We were ooing and ahhing over a baby we saw when we went out to eat last night and I was telling the girls we can't have any more because I am out of names that I like. If we had a boy his name would be Andrew or Austin James but then he would have the same initials as Audrey (AJA) and if we had a girl she could be Andrea or maybe Abby or Ashley or maybe even Adair, but I am out of middle names. However, it was pointed out that the boy's middle name could be Rich (David's middle name) and the girl's middle name could be Quinn (Chelsea's middle name) but NO - no more babies! I am too old! Do you hear that God? I am too old!

* Allison is 2 1/2. She has that adorable toddler belly. (so cute on her, and yet not so cute on me) Anyway, she gets out of the tub the other night and I pat her cute little belly and say "That's a full belly!" and she looks down and then at me and says "There's alot of chips in there" Oh my gosh! I just about died! She is just too precious for words!

* Last night I got a small glimpse into my future. Audrey's friend Jeanna called around 8:20. Today (Friday) is "twin day". I am not even sure this is a school thing, no notes or emails were sent.... I am pretty sure the girls just decided this on their own. Well, Audrey and Jeanna were on the phone for almost 40 minutes discussing the contents of their closets and trying to decide what to wear. Poor David looked like his world was ending when I told him Audrey was discussing clothes on the phone with a friend, on a school night. Where was his BABY?! And apparently I threw their plans into a tizzy when I said no to Audrey wearing the brand new white cardigan I bought for Easter Sunday. I felt bad but Audrey has a history of marking on her clothes with permanent markers. Why they even let the kids anywhere near them is beyond me. And I see why she and Jeanna are such good friends. They had originally decided on red leggings and plain white shirts but apparently Jeanna got some sort of stain on her red leggings. And then, of course, this morning there was more drama. Audrey also promised her friend Abbie that she would dress to match her. So first it was red leggings and white shirt with Jeanna, then it was the pink chihuahua shirt and blue leggings with Abbie and then by 9:05 last night it was brown leggings and a white shirt with Jeanna. This morning she brings up the outfit she planned with Abbie but I told her there was no way she was wearing that after she spent so much time on the phone with Jeanna. I pointed out that Abbie isn't even in her class, they only see each other at lunch and recess. (plus Jeanna lives in townhouse with parents that work staggered night shifts so they don't have to put their kids in daycare, Abbie lives in a neighborhood nicer than ours. I grew up a little more like Jeanna and I remember how it felt. Both girls are total sweethearts but clothes were always such a sore spot for me when I was growing up, I just couldn't let Audrey ditch Jeanna on "twin day") So the decision was made to pack the Abbie outfit and if the teacher allowed it, Audrey could slip into the bathroom and change at lunch/recess time. OY! Heaven help me when all three of my daughters are teenagers!!!!! (and there is one year where it will happen!!!!) I tell you, I am taking an extended vacation on a beach somewhere that year!!!

So that has been my life this week ...... random as it is ......

Now I'm off to re-fill my coffee cup and maybe, just maybe read a few pages in my new book .... Sesame Street comes on in a few minutes .... hopefully it's a good one!

No comments: